Old-Timers Disease

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple in their 80s were having problems remembering things, so they decided to go to their doctor to get checked out.

They explained the problem they were having with their memory to the doctor. After checking the couple out, the doctor told them that they physically fine but that they might want to start writing things down to help them remember things.

Later that night while watching TV, the old man got up from his chair and his wife asked, "Where are you going?"

He replied, "To the Kitchen" and she asked "Will you get me some ice cream?"

He replied, "Sure", then she asked him, "Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?"

He says, "No I can remember that." She then added, "Well, I'd also like some strawberries on top too. You had better write that down because I know you will forget that."

He answered, "I can remember that, you want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries on top." She replied, Well, I'd also would like some whipped cream on top. I know you will forget that so you better write that down."

With irritation in his voice, he said, "I don't need to write that down. I can remember that." He then fumed into the kitchen.

After about 20 minutes he returned from the kitchen and handed her a plate of bacon and eggs. She stared at the plate for a moment and said, "You forgot my toast!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom