Ok, who has been selling pens to the EPA?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

To those who write with any free pen and just toss them in the trash, $130 probably sounds like a lot of money. But...with the logo and signature on a rhodium Jr. Retro fountain for $130 actually sounds like they got a good deal. Most likely a really nice box/case with it as well--making it a better buy. I carried a tamarind burl Jr. Gent today that would push $100 at retail, and i'm just a simple Indiana country boy (with good taste in pens!!)
earl

darrin1200

I would be curious to know what pens they were. "The Tiny Jewel Box" does not list any pens on their website. So it's either a sideline item, or a special order.

greenacres2

For clarification--my comments above were not meant to endorse the purchase, only to observe that with a reasonable kit, $130 isn't crazy money. Do they need to be buying gifts for guests?? Probably not. I'm lucky to get a bottle of water and a mint!!
earl

CREID

For clarification--my comments above were not meant to endorse the purchase, only to observe that with a reasonable kit, $130 isn't crazy money. Do they need to be buying gifts for guests?? Probably not. I'm lucky to get a bottle of water and a mint!!
earl
I agree the price of the pens are reasonable. But spending has been out of control for everyday items in the government for decades, by all parties. I'll bet most of the documents signed by the EPA are with a Bic. :eek:

And this was also not posted to be political, it was just a jest about gov spending.

Woodchipper

FWIW, I represented a company that did a lot of business with the DoD. When I mentioned the $700 hammers of long ago, this is what the VP replied. "When you get a bid for something, the spec's are the size of the Manhattan yellow pages. Then they gather the bids. Then someone else reviews the bids. Then someone else sorts the bids from high to low. Then they ask for samples. The samples go through the same process."
I did business with a government agency. A Request For Quote (RFQ) for a simple fastener could be 15 pages, dealing with everything from actual spec's to small business to minority business data in order to submit a bid.

SJScher

Wish I had gotten that contract. $130.00 no excessive for a good pen, but they only need the good ole government pens for about .10 each. That is our money they are spending.

ramaroodle

To those who write with any free pen and just toss them in the trash, $130 probably sounds like a lot of money. But...with the logo and signature on a rhodium Jr. Retro fountain for $130 actually sounds like they got a good deal. Most likely a really nice box/case with it as well--making it a better buy. I carried a tamarind burl Jr. Gent today that would push $100 at retail, and i'm just a simple Indiana country boy (with good taste in pens!!)
earl

I guess I'm a few days late, but my thoughts exactly. Regardless of who paid for them and how I feel about the govt. expense I would have had no problem charging $200 each for a custom pen with the a logo and a signature cast in the blank and a quality pen kit. The store looks like a high end Rolex selling jewelry shop.

Top Bottom