Numbered Mug Reservations?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
This year's mugs are numbered. Stamped on the bottom as we did in 2009. I recall that there were many people who wanted to choose their own number, and when that was possible, I did it. Someone would say, "I'd like #X if it's available", and if it was left in stock, they got it.

If there is a desire, I can do that this year in a more organized fashion. What I'm considering is to post a "Choose Your Number" thread, and people can post what number they want. First person to post gets it. I'd run that thread for a few days prior to the start of mug sales, so all numbers would be available at the start.

Does this sound reasonable? Is there a desire to choose your number? This year there are 125 mugs. #1 and #125 are reserved for auction or the mug archive.

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME NOW WHAT # YOU WANT!! :eek:

I'm just looking for thoughts on the concept and process.

2016 Mug

View in Gallery

2016 Mug Bottom

View in Gallery

2016 Pen Cup

View in Gallery

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Can you count some pictures of those mugs, please. And what would be the price?

In post #3 above I said I'd post photos tonight. I took them last night.

The mugs will be $50 including US domestic shipping. (We welcome a little extra to help with international shipping.) When you buy one we enter you in the donation drawing for one of about 30 prizes. As an example, here is last year's donation drawing.

Keep your eye on our front page. All details about the Bash, Donation Drawing, mugs, shirts, etc. will be there soon...

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm with Bruce. I don't need a number, just a mug. Let me know if I need to reserve it.

TonyL

Thank you for asking Jeff. I just want three mugs regardless of the number; two will be sent to me, and one to someone else, but I will handle that later.

TimS124

I don't have a specific number in mind but for those that care, it's not doubt a cool option. I definitely want one of the mugs though.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I edited the original post to include photos.

The Pen Cup color is hard to photograph. It's called "Lava Rock" and it's black on the bottom and a dark red on top. Way easier to see in person.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for asking Jeff. I just want three mugs regardless of the number; two will be sent to me, and one to someone else, but I will handle that later.

To reduce the leftover inventory, I lowered the quantity of mugs this year. I gauged demand from this poll, as well as my experience with the mug sale since 2009.

There will be 120 mugs and 30 pen cups available. These will be $50 each.

I will be limiting these to one mug and one cup per person until the end of the second week of the Bash.

We also have t-shirts available, which just arrived today. I'll find someone to model one and get a photo posted.I believe these will be ~$12 up to XL, then a buck more each for XXL, XXXL, and XXXXL.

Fear not, all purchase details will be conspicuously posted. I'm thinking about opening the sale not later than Sun Jan 24.

Mr Vic

Sounds good just a long as I don't get #126 of 125. That could make a big mess when pouring coffee...

SteveG

IVO the initial restriction of one mug per guy/gal, I intend to buy multiple mugs under numerous false names. :eek::eek: .....To be clear, I want them numbered 2 thru 124 inclusive and consecutively. Is there a discount for multiple purchases? :rolleyes::eek:

I better go counting my pennies, and search under the sofa cushions...this could get expensive!! :bulgy-eyes:

Robert57

Being I only been turning for a year this month, I hope I am able to get a cup and mug, maybe with same number. I have learned a lot from reading posts here and asked a few questions, very helpful answers.
So, the cups/mugs available 1-24-2016?
Thanks,
Robert

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Being I only been turning for a year this month, I hope I am able to get a cup and mug, maybe with same number. I have learned a lot from reading posts here and asked a few questions, very helpful answers.
So, the cups/mugs available 1-24-2016?
Thanks,
Robert

The cups are not numbered. Just the mugs.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK, there is enough interest expressed here and by PM to me that I will provide a means to select your mug number. I'll post here and on the front page the exact day and time that the selection will start, then at that time I'll open the thread.

Stand by, all ye who covet a mug with your lucky number.

bobleibo

OK, there is enough interest expressed here and by PM to me that I will provide a means to select your mug number. I'll post here and on the front page the exact day and time that the selection will start, then at that time I'll open the thread.

Stand by, all ye who covet a mug with your lucky number.

As long as I get a lower number than that guy in South Dakota, I don't care what number it is....... are bribes being accepted yet?

Top Bottom