Not a Pleasant Saturday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

I had plans this past Saturday to spend sometime finishing a couple of Executive pens. However, the best laid plans of mice a men did not go as planned.

I woke up around 3:00 A.M. needing to go to the restroom. However, nothing would come out. Tried several more times until around 11:00 A.M. I wound up in the emergency room. They tried two times to put in a catheter with no success.

So, now I have to wait on a Urologist to come see me. Well they one who was on call was in surgery so I had to wait and wait and WAIT. Finally he showed up and after about five or six tries he was successfully able to get on inserted into my bladder. Talk about relief. So after another two hours I was finally able to go home. All total, I spent 11 hours in the ER.

Now, I am tied to a tube and a catch bag for the next week.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
TERP....

I hear TURP procedure in your future....Flomax will only work for a while....sorry for your ordeal..wishing you a speedy recovery...

Last edited:

PenPal

This too will pass mate.

Sounds very painful. I spent last year with Cancer of the Prostrate during the Radiotherapy 39 series of treatments holding 600 plus mils of urine to satisfy the requirement for the machine was bad enough.There was always one machine out of action, upgrading etc so holding on for hours was painful in the extreme.

Can only imagine the ordeal, wish you well in recovery or treatment.

Peter.

Rockytime

Sorry to hear of your malady. I had prostate cancer quite a few years ago which required surgery. The cancer was too far gone to use less invasive procedures. It all worked out well. There are side effects but they can be lived with. I hope for a permanent solution for you.

gimpy

Sorry to hear about your discomfort, and glad thing are running smoothly know.....

I have issues like that as well....not a good picnic

robutacion

Oh boy, I read your post yesterday and I cringed at the though bring very strong memories of "events" that happened to me at this time of the year in December 2014 and again is December 2015 and in both cases is lasted for a few months each time even though a different problem that yours, both organs a situated very close together, just different purposes, if you know what I mean, I can honestly say that it was a damn pain in the a$$.:biggrin:

Hope you recover sooner rather than later.

Cheers
George

Lucky2

I bet you've never felt so relieved, as you did when the tube was finally inserted? Sorry to hear of your issues, hopefully, they can give you a permanent solution/fix. I hated having a pee bag attached to my side, best of luck.
Len

Top Bottom