Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
So I am posting it here

200592322595_wavy%20no%20gravy%20004.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

coach

Probably not your best work eagle, but I like what you were thinking with the design on this one. Kind of like you made your own knots in the wood.

You never post the woods you use any more! We want to know materials!

PenWorks

So since your posting it here, I can asume we can casually converse about your pen ? [:D] I like the design and the cap/clip work, very well done. ala hidden clip or whatever you want to call it. Not sure wether you made the blank or not, I am assuming you did. Personally it doesn't do nothing for me, but I've been around long enough tp see peoples taiste, that someone would see and think it's the cat's meow!
So why isn't this your best, what don't you like?

btboone

Nice "grain" pattern. If you rotate the pen 90 degrees, do you get different knots? That could be done with different combinations of woods and kits to get some very interesting results. I like the finial too.

btboone

Eagle, you know what would be cool on a pen like this? Do it in a hard and a soft wood then beadblast it when it's done. You would get that same pattern, but in 3D relief. It would have a very unique feel and look. It would take some fancy finishing from there, but that's WHAT YOU DO!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
"What we have in mind...is breakfast in bed for 400,000." --Wavy Gravy aka Hugh Romney.

This is absolutely mind-altering. If this pen had been at Woodstock there'd have been no need to try the brown acid! [8D]

Fangar

Eagle,

I think it looks great. Personally, I like the flow of the blank. Also, I think this is one of your best photos yet too.

Fangar

Randy_

Originally posted by btboone<br />...If you rotate the pen 90 degrees, do you get different knots...

I'm guessing that it will look pretty much the same if rotated 90°?? Personally, I don't care for the classic Dymondwood look; but this layup clearly is a totally different track. Anthony is well known for his poor taste in pens([:D][:D]) so pay him no mind....you have a winner in my book!!

Too bad the laminations are so fine that the "grain" doesn't quite line up. Not sure there is much that can be done about that except to find a way to disguise it or make a one-piece body?? ([?]Maybe cutting the blank with a scroll saw[?])

I like the color selection, too!!

vick

I like the tall final. I am curious why you are disappointed with it Eagle. I see that the lamination does not match up a couple places, but I think we are a lot harder on our products than most people are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom