Non pen EPR application...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

This is a double-first for me...I've never poured EPR blanks this large before (2†x 2.25â€), and never made a kaleidoscope. These three are all fluorescent two-color blends of my EPR: Blue Angle, Mother Earth and Lemmon-Lime. Now if these little gems sell, I’ll be making a lot more :)
Egg_1c.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

Hi,

Great looking egs :). Did you consider making bottle stopper blank. With the quality of your blend, you sure would make a hit. I for one could consider it.

Alfred

YoYoSpin

Thanks...yes, I've made some stopper blanks from EPR that measure about 1.5" x 2" to 2.5" long, and I think they turned out pretty well too:

Mother Earth:
epr_3a.jpg

Jersey COW in da Blender:
epr_4a.jpg

Denver Broncos:
epr_6a.jpg

Hunter's Camouflage:
epr_1a.jpg

dubdrvrkev

Now you've got me thinking. How well will this stuff turn down to a hollow globe say 3/16 think? I would like to try a holiday ornament out of it if it would work in that configuration. Any thoughts?

YoYoSpin

Kevin,

That would be new territory, at least for me. I've drilled out these big blanks with no problems, using a Forstner bit...got lots of nice shavings and dust (wear a mask), but never tried hollowing.

arioux

Hi,

I've tried once to hollow an acrilic block. Be very carefull. Very sharp tool and very gentle touch. But it can be done, just take your time. The advantage is that you don't have end or cross grain to worry about [:D]

Alfred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom