Noisy Sierra Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brewmeister35

Anyone else get annoyed by the sierra click making clicking noises every time the pen touches paper? I had a customer trying to decide on a style to buy for himself and loves the sierra click he bought from me for a gift. He said every time the guy he gave it to uses it and it makes the clicking noise, it drives him nuts.

So I played with the click I kept for myself and noticed that mine makes the same noise. I normally use a fountain pen so I haven't used it enough for it to become an annoyance. The hole in the nib seems a little too big for the refill and makes for a sloppy fit causing the clicking.

I will say I noticed this since I started making these pens and just ignored it. Has anyone else noticed this or possibly come up with a solution? Is there a refill with a bigger tip that would fit the nib a little better?

Or can anyone tell me if the new Gatsby click has this problem?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasper

I know the noise you are talking about, it annoys me and I won't personally use one because of it. The pen is also lose and makes too much noise when clicked, I wish it had a had a tight single and firm click instead of sounding like shaking a bag of bolts. I was thinking about putting a soft coating on the large end of the refill extender that comes into contact with the clicking mechanise. Do you think that will do any good.

Jarheaded

I have some that make noise and some that don't. The noise does quiet down when I stretch the spring a bit. It is probably a temporary fix, but now I am noticing my keyboard is making noise also.:)

Top Bottom