No turning here for a couple of days

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Weather is horrible and great.. we have had not real rainfall since the middle of August... THEN...
Yesterday over 4.5" with high winds.. same expected today and them a little more until Monday... of course too late to do the crops any good... Flood Warnings for all the local streams.
We lost 6 plantings of sweet corn due to lack of water and high temps this season... Man I did miss my corn on the cob this year..:(:(
Tomatoes were not any better... with the draugth I had second thoughts about watering the garden from the well...

But why no turning... WELL.. since I turn in my garage shop and the rain was beating on the garage doors and seeping in under the weatherseal.. I have water all over the garage floors.. removed what I could with my leave blower and wet vac, but more rain and wind expected today...
I have this thing about working around anything electrical on a wet floor. Of course this has to happen when I am trying to get my inventory completed for the first weekend in Nov.. thankfully there is not all that much more to do...
Guess, I will just keep coming back here to see what is happening...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

I guess it's time to catch up on your reading! I think everybody is all wet.....all along the eastern seaboard anyway![:p]

rtjw

I wish we had more rain. We are about 10 inches under normal. The hay crops were horrible this year. Thank God we had a wonderful crop last year. This year we didnt get a single hay bale.

Fangar

Griz,

We used to have the same problem in a house that I lived in as a kid. Those compressed straw rolls are really nice for water absorbtion. I am sure in your ag area there is a supplier. They ar about 6 inches thick. I would cut one to size and lay it down on the inside of the door I bet it would help out.

Fangar

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Fangar
<br />Griz,

We used to have the same problem in a house that I lived in as a kid. Those compressed straw rolls are really nice for water absorbtion. I am sure in your ag area there is a supplier. They ar about 6 inches thick. I would cut one to size and lay it down on the inside of the door I bet it would help out.

Fangar
Yeah, but then I still have to contend with my wife complaining about getting into the garage.. [B)][B)] and picking up wet compressed straw so she can drive in would be a real PIA... cause you know she ain't gonna do it... [xx(]

Randy_

Tom: You should probably get out the checker board and spend some more time with that cute little girl of yours. And after you get tired of loosing to her, you could spend some time seeing that all of your electrical outlets in the garage have GFCIs installed. And if you doen't totally trust those gadgets, you could get a good pair of rubber boots!!

Thumbs

Good point Randy but GFCI's tend to trip more frequently when used for motor loads and tend to be quite expensive.

<b>Edit:</b>
But certain outlets should almost certainly covered by these specialty breakers where small hand tools are used and you may come in contact with any other grounded appliances! A cheaper method employs the use of individual GFCI outlets. Much cheaper than GFCI breakers but I'm not sure how reliable they might be. Remembering that a GFCI's reliability is greatly diminished just about every time it trips under load.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom