No Pens Today...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Actually the other day...

But I made these pillar candle holders for my wife. Made from 3/4" laminated Bolivian Rosewood boards. The large one's base is around 4.5 inches. We make candles as well. She is happy with them.

candleholders.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

Very nice! In researching an allergic reaction I was having I decided it was either to cocobola or rosewood, both are listed as bad reaction woods. Did you have any problems using rosewood? Have you turned much cocobola? Rosewood really is beautiful, and the shape on this pair is especially nice. Those candles are also nice, good work!

Fangar

Originally posted by woodwish
<br />Very nice! In researching an allergic reaction I was having I decided it was either to cocobola or rosewood, both are listed as bad reaction woods. Did you have any problems using rosewood? Have you turned much cocobola? Rosewood really is beautiful, and the shape on this pair is especially nice. Those candles are also nice, good work!

Thanks to all for the nice words.

woodwish,

I would have to say that Bolivian Rosewood is one of my favorite woods when it comes to candle sticks, ring holders, and other items. I have found that it does not bother me too much, but I realize that everyone has different tolerances. I turn and build with it quite often. I have not worked with cocobolo too much other than a pair of candle sticks that I made, and a couple of pens. I do however turn with a cross blowing fan, and a respirator. Simple type with the swap-able side canisters. Without that, I tend to stuff up with most woods.

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom