Nice new (to NC) lumberyard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithy

West Penn Hardwords (https://www.westpennhardwoods.com) have moved to Concord NC which is onlyabout 40 miles from my home. Not having much to do on Monday afternoon I took a drive down to see what I could find.

Kim one of the owners gave me a guided tour of the warehouse pointing out many different things I had expressed interest in.

Lynn the secretary printed me out a stock list of their pen blanks (6 pages) gave me a shopping cart and turned me loose.

I bought quite a few exotic pen blanks including some nice burls. I found a nice pice of cancan negro that I took home and sawed down into pen blanks (for $32 I have 11 3/4 x 3/4 x 6" blanks. A piece of Australian Red river burl that was $17.00 yielded 8 full size blanks.

Lots of very nice bowl blanks too.

I will definitely be buying from them again. They were so helpful I am sure that if you are looking for something special they would be very helpful.

I have no connection with the company but like to give good references when I get great service

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Before they moved to your area they were located about 90 minutes from me. I had a chance to stop in there once. They were extremely friendly and helpful. The owner gave my wife and I a tour. It was an amazing place.

hanau

Thanks for the info.

Did you notice if you got a better price going there vs ordering online?

its a little over a hour from my house to the warehouse.

keithy

I checked my invoice and the pricing is the same as per on-line.

I went because I like to pick over what is on offer.

I bought 6 pounds of exotic offcuts for 9.00 which I choose. One piece of zebra wood was 2 inch square and 15inches long which will give me 12 blanks at least and I have two other pieces that look good (not sure what they are but nice figuring)

I also picked over all the other blanks to choose what I thought were the best looking. Of course when I turn them they could be complete duds but i work on the basis that if it looks plain to start it probably is not going to get better.

Tony Pridmore

I failed to mention yesterday that I appreciate you posting about this place. I'll be in Hickory next month and plan to pay them a visit.

Concord would be a lot more convenient, but my wallet is happy they are farther away.

Top Bottom