New Year Resolutions anyone?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

Anyone have a New Year resolution?
I resolve to quit smoking, lose weight, and get more shop time, if this old house doesn't kill me first.
:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Not a resolution but on my to do list........finish the items I was working on for Christmas gifts:redface:

Have the heater on in the garage now....maybe I should get to it instead of reading IAP!

Last edited:

WriteON

I resolve to quit smoking, lose weight, and get more shop time, if this old house doesn't kill me first.

None for me. Hopefully keep doing the same thing day after day.

As for you....quit smoking tonight. Stop for 1 full day and and then 1 more.,...and then one more. It becomes a habit. You can do it. Do not stop trying. Take control and give it up. If I could stop anyone can. Was a 2-3 pack a day Marlboro guy. Quit for one day in Jan 1989 and never smoked again. Lost my brother from Lung Cancer...(smoking). Gee I miss him.
Quit for those that love you!! Life is best enjoyed while alive (with lungs).

Last edited:

MRDucks2

Get rid of all the crap in the garage that hasn't been used in 4+ years.

Found the answer to this one. We relocated in 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. You end up shedding a lot of stuff that way. Even though the neighbors were surprised when we moved back to Indiana and a semi showed up on day 1 with a second semi on day 2 followed by a box truck. Lol. You should have seen all the stuff I used to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Wagner11

Not exactly a resolution but getting in to better shape and spending less money on dumb stuff

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

frank123

Give up smoking by just giving up one cigarette, the one you are wanting right now. Give it up and the next time the urge hits you you'll realize you went a while since it happened last time and weren't having to resist the urge at all till the one you are again wanting right now. You only spent a few minutes out of that time actually resisting the cigarette you were craving for and didn't notice it the rest of the time.

The periods between urges gradually become longer and longer while the urges become weaker and weaker till you find yourself going hours then several hours then days and eventually no longer think of it (smoking) as something you miss. The first three days are hardest (at least they were for me), that's breaking the physical addiction, then it rapidly starts getting easier and easier.

The big problem is that smoking gets so integrated into your life you need to develop all new behaviors to replace what you were using them for (i.e. allowing yourself to just sit back and take a short break without needing to have an excuse of a cigarette to justify it to yourself).

Worked for me that way, and I quit cold turkey from a long term 3 1/2 pack a day habit. And I didn't have to quit forever to do it, I just gave up one cigarette.

Top Bottom