A new venture for me, maybe some of you too.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

Recently I've had two requests to make a cremation urn that they could put the container of ashes from their loved one inside. From what both individuals told me, the container that is provided is not ver nice at all and to purchase something nice is extremely expensive. Both of these people have enjoyed my work in the past and they both thought that I could turn something that would be nicer than the choises given them. I told them both to get me the measurements and I would see what I could come up with. I'm thinking of two designs, one turned and one that would be more of a box. I have also been thinking of offering to somehow mount a photograph of the person on the piece.

Wayne

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />...... I have also been thinking of offering to somehow mount a photograph of the person on the piece.

Wayne

I wonder how it would look if you had the picture laser engraved?
Maybe Ken can give us an example?

&lt;edit&gt; a quick look at his storefront gives us the answer:
http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com

vick

http://www.enter.net/~ultradad/urn.html
Not sure if you are interested but this page details how a guy turned a cremation urn.

Mikey

I hope they don't ask you to mail his invoice to him....

Thank you, I'll be here all week.[:D]

Really, I think this is a business idea that could be extremely fruitful considering more and more people are doing this when they die. A hand turned or hand made display looks so much better than something store bought and is as individual as the person themself. Not only is it individual, but it is art and most likely won't get hidden away in a closet.

Good luck.

tipusnr

You might ask if there was a type of wood that was special to him. Sometimes the home had a tree that was distinctive and would add to the memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom