New use for CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocRon

Whooo--ee. I have been just come home from the hospital after 4 cardiac bypasses. Very sucessful, non - emergency. These days they finish up the "Stitching" by gluing the flesh together with a form of CA. Amazing. It was not a good job, though, is kind of lumpy and a dull finish. I will have to get out the micromesh and shine it up a bit.:D

I am not alowed to push, pull, or lift anything over 5 lbs for about 6 weeks. Looks like I might be able to do some pens, but will have to leave those logs beside the driveway and the bowl turning until later.

Bye for now.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Hi,i believe that was the primary use for c/a,was surgical techniques Super Glue was the off spring benefit from it.
During the winter the dog and our grandson was racing around the house and bang,the kid hit the edge of cabinet and got a heck of a gash right near is eye,no stiches just a glue job and a bandaid. I am glad you are doing fine ,Carl

cowchaser

When I had the artery closed off in my head with an aneurysm, putting glue into it was one of the options. Due to it possibly running into another artery that was tied in there I now have 750,000 dollar titanium coils.

Use to pick at my mom and tell her not to upset me or I would come unglued. She didn't think it was funny, but everyone else did.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by DocRon

Whooo--ee. I have been just come home from the hospital after 4 cardiac bypasses. Very sucessful, non - emergency. These days they finish up the "Stitching" by gluing the flesh together with a form of CA. Amazing. It was not a good job, though, is kind of lumpy and a dull finish. I will have to get out the micromesh and shine it up a bit.:D

I am not alowed to push, pull, or lift anything over 5 lbs for about 6 weeks. Looks like I might be able to do some pens, but will have to leave those logs beside the driveway and the bowl turning until later.
Bye for now.
Sorry but that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of doing!

Fresh out of surgery and you're going to mess around with micro meshing the glue joint and take a chance of infecting the wound with sanding particles... so stupid!

I think a much better AND safer way to get a decent shine on the joint is to go out and bend over the buffer with a little white diamond compound! Just have good footing and don't hiccup!

RMB

Just today I was actually wondering if I cut a finger off on the TS if it would heal up if I just CA'd it back on quick enough... sure would avoid a costly hospital bill. Anybody know if it would work?

DocStram

Originally posted by Texatdurango

Bye for now.

Fresh out of surgery and you're going to mess around with micro meshing the glue joint and take a chance of infecting the wound with sanding particles... so stupid!

I think a much better AND safer way to get a decent shine on the joint is to go out and bend over the buffer with a little white diamond compound! Just have good footing and don't hiccup!

I'm with George on this one. Any chemist worth his Periodic Table should know better than to use micromesh. I'd start with tripoli, then a little white diamond, followed by a nice coat of carnuba.

Ron .... hope your recovery goes well. Things heal a little slower when you're only 72. Might be a good time to give those grandchildren some penturning lessons!:D

When I had my emergency appendectomy about 4 years ago, they glued me back together.. I think its supposed to less scarring.. my scar is almost invisible.. 'course from where I sit, it hard to see over the spare tire roll anyway.

redfishsc

I'm with George on this one. Any chemist worth his Periodic Table should know better than to use micromesh. I'd start with tripoli, then a little white diamond, followed by a nice coat of carnuba.

Ron .... hope your recovery goes well. Things heal a little slower when you're only 72. Might be a good time to give those grandchildren some penturning lessons!:D

You could have saved a LOT of time and just sprayed a couple coats of conversion varnish and been done with it. No buffing needed. Sheesh.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
For what it's worth.
CA came about at Tennessee Eastman during WW2 when they were looking for a clear plastic to seal gunsight tubes in fighter aircraft so they could pressureize the cockpits. It was called Eastman-910 because it was the 910th formula they tried.

It was revealed to the public on the old "What's My Line" TV program in the 1950's when the inventor did some tricks with it.

We used Eastman-910 for field surgery in Nam in the early 60's. It was approved for medical use in every country in the world for years, but the US waited until 2 or 3 years ago to approve CA for surgical use.

M

monkeynutz

Had my quad bypass a few years ago... Was surprised that the incision closed up so well. Looked like I would have minimal scarring, but that hope was premature. Scar widened out to normal proportions within a month, and is nearly a half inch wide at the lower end. But what left the worst scarring was the holes from the drain tubes... They're like ugly little craters. Surgery (like life) is like a box of chocolates...

DocRon

Sheesh. I resent these comments about my stupidity. You might have known I was going to wet sand with DNA to prevent infection.[}:)]
Anyway, thank you everyone for the comments and sharing of experiences. 3 days home from the hospital and my best day so far. I feel better than I had any notion I would:)
Ron

Originally posted by DocStram

Originally posted by Texatdurango

Bye for now.

]

Top Bottom