New Scam? (Adult Language)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I just got a call from a nice gentleman with a strong foreign accent. He was a representative of the US Government who had $12,500 of my money to give me in the form of a government grant that would never have to be paid back. I asked him where he was calling from, and he said the government grant office or something like that. I then asked him where the office was located and he said Miami. (Nice of him to be working late on a Saturday with a hurricane on the way.) After a series of questions, he asked me what bank I wanted the money deposited in. I told him I would rather him mail me the check. Odd, he said that was not possible. I thought a 37 cent stamp would be cheaper then wire transfer fees. Then, (cover the eyes of impressionable children) I asked him did people really believe this B*** S***? When he assured me that they did, I told him then they must be pretty f'ing stupid and hung up. Forgive me Pastor Bill, but I am fighting a case of pneumonia at present and my fuse is a mite short.

FWIW,

Rifleman1776

Cav said, "I asked him did people really believe this B*** S***? When he assured me that they did,"
Sadly, he is right. That is why the scam continues after going around for decades and millions of warnings.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />Good reading

http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-fg-scammers20oct20,0,301315.story?coll=la-tot-promo

I second this as a good read. In case anyone didn't follow, I knew it was a scam from the word go, and just kept him on the line to waste his time. My rule of thumb is if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Then when they start to ask for an account number, red flags should fly, sore thumbs should stick out, and you should hang up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom