New rubberized CA from FastCap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I have no idea how it would perform holding tubes, but I seem to remember it being a good choice by guys doing segmenting work that wanted to see the black glue line between segments. This was a few years ago and I can't remember it being mentioned since. If I could find some here, I'd give it a try.
I use normal CA on tubes, but can understand your thinking of the rubber helping.

sbwertz

Yes, I tried a black rubberized glue when I first started turning. Then I wasn't able to get it any more. I may give this a try. I've been using epoxy or gorilla glue, but really like the convenience of being able to turn a blank right away after gluing.

karday

PSI sells this rubberized glue but it is backordered. I suspect there are other suppliers and I need to get a link for them. Hopiong this will solve the cracking/crazing issues I have. As an archer I experienced brittle issues with CA glue when attaching fletchings. Target arrows see a lot of stress and the fletch tended to fall off.

Does anyone have experience with rubberized CA glue as a finish and if so who sells it in larger containers and with varying viscosities?

CREID

PSI sells this rubberized glue but it is backordered. I suspect there are other suppliers and I need to get a link for them. Hopiong this will solve the cracking/crazing issues I have. As an archer I experienced brittle issues with CA glue when attaching fletchings. Target arrows see a lot of stress and the fletch tended to fall off.

Does anyone have experience with rubberized CA glue as a finish and if so who sells it in larger containers and with varying viscosities?

I was a target archer for a long time. When Pro Shops started getting lazy and using CA whether for inserts or fletchings I started doing my own. Which led to doing everything else myself.:biggrin: I have my own bow press, and string jig too. I really hated going to a 3D and pulling my arrow out and having the tip and insert and tip left in the target because the CA failed from the stress.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Exoticblanks.com sell the EZ Bond rubberized CA but they appear to be out of the 2oz bottles and show only 1 1oz in stock.
I have used it for fill to get black lines and it worked great. The only problem was that once the bottle was opened, it would only last a few months before it hardened in the bottle.

jttheclockman

I was a target archer for a long time. When Pro Shops started getting lazy and using CA whether for inserts or fletchings I started doing my own. Which led to doing everything else myself.:biggrin: I have my own bow press, and string jig too. I really hated going to a 3D and pulling my arrow out and having the tip and insert and tip left in the target because the CA failed from the stress.

Well Curt what is your answer??? What do you use???

CREID

As far as rubberized CA, I haven't used any yet. I do have some from BSI, but haven't tried it yet. For archery I used Fletch tite for inserts and fletching. People used to tell me I couldn't use Fletch tite for the brand of fletchings I used and carbon arrows. I used to hand them an arrow and tell them to try and get it off. They would pull and pull and finally tear the fletching but the glue never failed.:) The secret is making what your gluing as clean as possible, no oils, dust, or anything.

jttheclockman

As far as rubberized CA, I haven't used any yet. I do have some from BSI, but haven't tried it yet. For archery I used Fletch tite for inserts and fletching. People used to tell me I couldn't use Fletch tite for the brand of fletchings I used and carbon arrows. I used to hand them an arrow and tell them to try and get it off. They would pull and pull and finally tear the fletching but the glue never failed.:) The secret is making what your gluing as clean as possible, no oils, dust, or anything.

OK Curt you piqued my interest. What is Fletch tite?? Is this a CA or an epoxy??? Is it that strong of a glue??? Can it be used for segmenting??? Does it adhere to any materials?? Where can I get it?? Thanks

Top Bottom