A New Pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

OK, I blame this on Old Griz! [:p]

When I got back to work last week I had a package waiting from Oscar Braun, with my new Parker 100 fountain pen in it! I got the black with silver trim, and a fine nib. I hurried and filled it with Private Reserve American Blue ink, and started to write.

I LOVE it! There was no breaking in required for this nib. The flow was smooth and lovely! And the size and heft was about right for me. And if the price that Pam got for me wasn't good enough, she also sent me a $25 rebate slip!

Now, I can make a pretty nice pen, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a nice "commercial" pen! This is one sweet writer! I was going to scan a picture of it, and a writing sample, but the scanner here at work only does PDF files, not JPEG. If anybody has been thinking of dropping a bit on a fancy-schmancy fountain pen, I can recommend this one, especially if you can get in on the rebate!

BTW, I also got the medium nib for my Namiki Vanishing Point, and I like it much better now! The fine nib was just a bit too fine!

Scott.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Congrats on your new pen..... I have a Chinese copy of the Parker that really surprised me.. only complaint is that the nib is real fine and it is light weight... I like a heavier pen.. but is writes extremely smooth and has an aerometric filling system like the originals..
The Namiki medium nib still rights on the fine side on medium, but I really like mine... I use PR Avacado Green in mine and it writes a nice wet line, but still dries quick...
I also have a broad nib that I think will get reshaped to a stub italic soon...

PenWorks

Well I ended up getting the Pelikan Souvern in Honey with a double broad Italic nib from John Mattishaw. www.nibs.com Plus John reground a large and small Penchetta nib for me in broad italic. So I guess we all are happy campers. [:)]

No pics, but it really did happen [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom