New packaging. Very pleased :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

For the past month I've been working with a retail box company to design a box for my pens. Really pleased with how these turned out. Don't ask about the pricing though, I would have to lie in case my wife one day found this thread :tongue:

I had the pen slot made big enough to hold my largest pen, and will pad it with silk for the smaller ones.

Included is a 6 pack of fountain pen cartridges, a leather pen case, and a little leaflet.

Attachments

• 13346448_858512667588743_4151125095705752182_n.jpg
    13346448_858512667588743_4151125095705752182_n.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 469
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

I love how you continuously push all areas of your craft.

Thank you for sharing and helping raise the bar!

We put so much effort in our pens, it would seem a travesty to cut corners on the packaging.

I must confess to seeing a pen turner on facebook with packaging such as this which prompted me to have it arranged for myself. I must admit the chap was not too obliging to share info on where they were made etc, so I done my own groundwork and jumped through the design hoops (That's a mission in itself :biggrin: )

Carl Fisher

Looks awesome. Now that I have the laser I've been considering something like this but haven't found the right combination of foam/box/size yet.

Understand you on not wanting to talk pricing. Looked into it once and ran away fast :biggrin:

BradG

Looks awesome. Now that I have the laser I've been considering something like this but haven't found the right combination of foam/box/size yet.

Understand you on not wanting to talk pricing. Looked into it once and ran away fast :biggrin:

CNC router/mill would be the way to go with these I think. that way each compartment can be different depths.

I didn't run away, just made sure I was sitting down and burned all receipts :biggrin:

leehljp

Member Liaison
I don't have to know the price of it to know what it is worth! Your pens are well worth the cost of such packaging and that packaging will keep your customers coming back.

Did you grow up in Japan by any chance? :biggrin: Japanese are known for their fine packaging. > Buy something expensive, it is delicately wrapped;
then it is placed in a very fine box;
then the box is exquisitely wrapped;
That exquisitely wrapped box is placed in an expensive bag;
that expensive bag is placed in another bag to protect the expensive bag!
The outer bag will have fine handle, and the bag is taped shut, and it is presented to you. It is an art!

Last edited:

BradG

I don't have to know the price of it to know what it is worth! Your pens are well worth the cost of such packaging and that packaging will keep your customers coming back.

Did you grow up in Japan by any chance? :biggrin: Japanese are known for their fine packaging. > Buy something expensive, it is delicately wrapped;
then it is placed in a very fine box;
then the box is exquisitely wrapped;
That exquisitely wrapped box is placed in an expensive bag;
that expensive bag is placed in another bag to protect the expensive bag!
The outer bag will have fine handle, and the bag is taped shut, and it is presented to you. It is an art!

Il be going as far as a ribbon to seal the lid on, but il skip the wrapping and a bag within a bag. Maybe a bag...... oohh bags... oh dear.

Looks great Brad. No doubt packaging increases the perception of value and makes a much easier sell. Top shelf!

Thanks Bruce

magpens

That makes an exquisite presentation, Brad !!!! . Your pens deserve it !!!!

I love the way you have designed the name-brand lettering ... very fitting for a unique pen !!

BradG

I'm a sucker for nice packaging. Love it.

Ok, so no pricing discussion. Would you mind sharing how many you had to order? Minimum quantity.

MOQ was 50, price difference on 100 was negligible. For the first run with tooling up costs expect to pay around $23 per box, so around $1,150 for MOQ. Second run around $18. This is of course if you can do all the design work yourself. I didn't have any samples produced (additional costs) as I was confident with my design. Risky move as if you get it wrong you'l have 50 boxes in the wrong dimensions.

Figured id type this as no doubt others will be curious.

Top Bottom