A new low in pond scum. - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2019, 10:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 18

My wife always says "People are lazy & no damn good", and I tend to agree with her.
I think it's horrible someone would steal from a blind person.

My lathes:

Floor Lathe
Bench top lathe

Last edited by Herb G; 02-09-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Herb G is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-09-2019, 10:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb G View Post
I think it's horrible someone would steal from a blind person.
Or anyone..... I hate trash...

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS
MidAmericaPool professional pool cue repair lathe
WriteON is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-10-2019, 08:42 AM   #13 (permalink)

Photos: 1

I have very strong feelings about thieves and what should happen to them. Especially when it comes to someone stealing from a person with a visual handicap. There's no place in this world for thieves.
wolf creek knives is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2019, 09:21 AM   #14 (permalink)

Photos: 2

now that is just wrong here is a song by Tab Benoit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tPHJDgZSfg that says it all
hippi is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

Photos: 42

Tim, Gwen is one of my best and most adventurous turners. She was the first to turn acrylics, and loves beautiful blanks. She has a shelf that she keeps her "pretty blanks" on so they don't disappear before she can schedule another session. She would love one of your blanks. Mark, she really likes Gatsby kits...that is what most of her pens are. She takes advantage of our "turn two for us, get yours free" policy and has put some really pretty items in our sale case. Plus the fact that they don't have to pay for donated kits, and only have to pay for the price of the kits we buy. She turned several of the Gatsby pens you sent us Mark. (She loves the olive wood. She can't see colors, but can see the grain if there is a lot of contrast in the blank.)

She had a stroke that left her almost blind, with a speech impediment, a crippled right arm and hand that can just barely hold a tool, and weakened legs...uses an UpWalker and is just about to finally get a power chair. She is a single mom of a really great 16 year old daughter who is so good to help her mom.

sbwertz is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-10-2019, 11:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

Photos: 21

Shoot me a message with how to get them to you and I'll send some blanks. :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
McKenzie Penworks is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-10-2019, 11:57 AM   #17 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Default A new low in pond scum.

Here is an idea. Tell me f you think it is not right.

If you use PayPal, pm your email and I will send 10 dollars towards kits. If we got 10 or 12 people to do it she could get a nice little stash. Makes more sense than paying shipping to get her kits.

Perhaps start a new thread if it alright with the management.

She could know the IAP folks care.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited by Talltim; 02-10-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Talltim is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #18 (permalink)

You people are amazing. Tim, IAP already supports our turning project, sending us kits and supplies. She can only turn once every few weeks, and only one or two items each time because we only have 2 lathes and trainers for three mornings a week. She has to wait her turn to turn with many others who want to turn as well, so she wouldn't have a chance to use up such a credit. I can send you my paypal account if you want to send something to support the whole project. We have many talented and enthusiastic blind and visually impaired (and one blind and deaf) turners who would make good use of anything that is donated.

It is too late to do anything at Walmart. This happened several weeks ago, but I only see her when she can get on the turning schedule, so I didn't know about it until yesterday.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:22 PM   #19 (permalink)

McKinsie, I'll PM you.

TallTim, IAP already supports our turning project, sending us kits and supplies. The problem with your suggestion is that she only gets to turn every few weeks, and can only turn one or two items because we only have two lathes and trainers to man them three mornings a week. There is a long waiting list to get scheduled to turn. She wouldn't have a chance to use up such a fund before she completes her training at the blind center and graduates. We are trying to get two more trainers to open another morning each week, but one of them that was almost ready to start teaching had a stroke a couple of months ago. We really miss her...she was a real help to us. Hopefully she will be able to come back, but we probably won't get another day opened up, because one of our teachers that has been helping for four years just left last week. We had to scramble to keep our three days a week fully staffed without him.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Sharon sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
Talltim is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads