New generation of pens???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KBs Pensnmore

Nothing replaces the awe of nature's blanks, as long as they are harvested responsibly. More and more of our favorites are being put on the endangered list. How do we as an organization have a voice/vehicle to help ensure our hobby has the sustainable/responsible products for years to come?

That is a very hard question, eventually it will come, but could be too late by then. We take timber for granted, think of 2 football ovals being cleared, every minute worldwide.
Most (90%) of my blanks come from prunings or are recycled from other timber objects, products.
Kryn

sbwertz

Another interesting point...the new 1.5 watt NeJe laser engraver will engrave on 3D printed items. I tried it on Corian, but it wouldn't engrave it. Then I thought about it a second and realized that Corian, because it is used for countertops, is made to be heat resistant. I haven't tried it on other plastics except for the 3d printed item.

BeeAMaker

Another interesting point...the new 1.5 watt NeJe laser engraver will engrave on 3D printed items. I tried it on Corian, but it wouldn't engrave it. Then I thought about it a second and realized that Corian, because it is used for countertops, is made to be heat resistant. I haven't tried it on other plastics except for the 3d printed item.

Corian is a acrylic polymer and alumina trihydrate (ATH), the 1.5 watts won't touch it because of it's density. You need a stronger Laser. I work with Corian often and it is not heat resistant in the least. In fact, we bend Corian with heat guns and too much heat will cause it to turn brown. Setting a hot pan on it can cause it to scorch as well. Think of this, a Cigarette butt (about 600f) will scorch and discolor Corian but your 1.5 watt Laser won't.

Top Bottom