New burl gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

I've been limiting my wood searches to once a week with the hopes of getting caught up processing the cache before the snow flies. But.................tonight I struck GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the bottom section of a Siberian Elm at the ground level. Just about dropped the "marbles" into my socks getting this dandy into the van. The Astro drove like a cadillac all the way home. Now, how in the heck do I decide where to cut this thing? That's my 029 with 20" bar on top!![}:)]

20051144173_newburl11.jpg

200511441722_newburl22.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

Thanks guys, only us wood hounds appreciate these things!!!! Randy, make friends with your local tree service guys. They are paid to get rid of stuff like this, well not always stuff like this, but they see more weird wood stuff than most. Take a hand full of slim lines around and introduce yourself. Have a business card with you and give away both. The next thing you know you will have a driveway full! That's always a great way to impress the wife!!!! Take my word for it, my wife is really "tickled" when I bring home another van full of wood![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] In fact I hope she never finds this group. She will have a garage sale in an instant some weekend when I am away![;)]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />
Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />I hope it rots!![:D][;)]
Cool! Spalted Siberian Elm Burl!!! Bet that would look neat! I hope it rots too! [:D]

I DO NOT HOPE IT ROTS In fact, I hope it yields a slew of spectacular blanks that you will sell here so that I can buy some. [:D]

Dario

Originally posted by terry q
<br />Ha ha ha, I know Rich's wife and she really is ticked, I mean tickled when he brings home "ANOTHER LOAD".[:D]

LOL...who wouldn't?!

Hey great haul, looks like you need a bigger saw! And the best time to ask is while your wife is still "tickled" LOL [;)][:p][}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom