Need Your Opinion!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Silverado

Ok Guys
I place a order for a Jet Lathe and Jet Air Cleaner on line this evening.
Lathe is on sale for 15% off so I add it to the cart. Then go to check sale price of Air cleaner and it shows full price off for a total cost of 0.00 so I add it to the cart. Did this several times in a 15 min. period. Still showed no cost for air cleaner after discount. So I paid through Paypal and printed off a receipt.
About 1 hour later I get a message from the owner of the company saying he cancelled my order and refunded my Paypal. He said I must have purchased while he was putting up prices. Which is complete B---S--t.
What would you guys do in this case??

Thanks,
Tim

RKB

That is very disappointing, but I don't think you have much leverage with vendor. I would move on and buy from another vendor. Hope it works out for you.

Rod

leehljp

Member Liaison
I had something similar happen about 4 years ago with a Bosch router. Even got a notice that it was ordered. But shortly after, no deal.

When obvious errors ($0 cost or 99% off) are made unintentionally, generally the rule is companies don't have to complete the order unless the error is not corrected within a certain time.

Airlines on occasion have erred like this; I remember once the airline honored the mis-pricing (something like $50 from USA to Europe and back) but they corrected the pricing within 20 minutes or so. And I remember once when an airline did not honor a mistake and promptly canceled any purchases like that.

Top Bottom