Need source for Bottle Stopper display boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Does anyone have a source for the individual clear boxes? The ones I see at CSUSA and PSI seem small and appear they will only fit small stoppers. Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

The CSUSA boxes are 1 7/16 square. How big do you want?

I was looking for taller than what I found. I should have been more specific. It seems that if I make a stopper using the stainless steel parts I am very limited to how tall I can make the top of the stopper.

jttheclockman

Hello Jim

I get these from CSUSA and they are 2-1/16" X 2-1/16" inside by 5" tall inside.
Can not see where you would need anything bigger than that. I use them all the time for my birdhouse ornaments and they work great. I need to order more next year.

JimB

The 5" tall ones are good many times but I like making the teardrop style and those are 2.75" so it only leaves about 2.25" for what I turn. I was hoping to find a box that is a bit taller.

jttheclockman

The 5" tall ones are good many times but I like making the teardrop style and those are 2.75" so it only leaves about 2.25" for what I turn. I was hoping to find a box that is a bit taller.

Jim I am sure you seen the Penn State ones as well. They are about the same and they also have the cheaper tubes. Those are less room. Those show the teardrop stoppers in them. You can always go with a jewelry box type thing and maybe find one with a clear lid if you are after clear to show off for display. I do not have a link but a google search may find something. Just keep in mind making them too tall is not a good idea because if people want to put in a refridge they may not fit. Good luck I have nothing else for you. Also being the stopper will be on a slant in those boxes you do pick a bit more room. Good luck.

JimB

Jim I am sure you seen the Penn State ones as well. They are about the same and they also have the cheaper tubes. Those are less room. Those show the teardrop stoppers in them. You can always go with a jewelry box type thing and maybe find one with a clear lid if you are after clear to show off for display. I do not have a link but a google search may find something. Just keep in mind making them too tall is not a good idea because if people want to put in a refridge they may not fit. Good luck I have nothing else for you. Also being the stopper will be on a slant in those boxes you do pick a bit more room. Good luck.

John - yes, I looked at PSI. In the past I have given away my bottle stoppers to friends and family so I never was concerned about putting them in anything. I'm going to be shipping a few so I wanted to put them in clear boxes. Almost everything I have made would fit into the 5" clear box but I have made a few that are a little taller but not much so I thought I would see if there are other options. I know what you mean about not making them too big. Thanks for the response.

Top Bottom