need MS office help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Take a look here

The first option is an annual "rental" for five devices. Allows update when Office upgrades are introduced. Or, the last options are standard purchases.

May be able to get 2007 through Amazon or ebay for lower prices.

Ed McDonnell

You might want to check out Google Docs. It's free and has a lot of the capabilities of the MS product. I only use it when travelling, but if I didn't already own MS Office I would seriously consider using this instead of buying.

If you don't need the latest version (or corporate features) of MS Office, you can find reasonable pricing for 1 and 3 pack versions of MS Office Home & Student.

Ed

jleiwig

OpenOffice is another suggestion. It is pretty much identical to M$ Office. I will say if your just doing basic stuff you are paying for a lot of functionality you don't need with M$ Office. Google Docs or OpenOffice would be easier to use and free.

Phil Hansen

Libre Office is a fork of Open Office. More compatible with M$ and free. Also cross platform so you can use on windoze, linux or mac. I swop docs with no problems.
Why spend a fortune on M$ just for the name?
Phil

lwalper

I use Open Office. It works well, it's free (even better), and it's compatible with M$, WordPerfect and just about any other software out there.

I also use WordPerfect. It's my favorite, but not free.

Trey

Also as a side note, for those of you who work in corporate America, if your company has a site license for Microsoft products, you can often get a copy of office for 10 dollars, licensed for as long as you work for the company in question. It's one of the workplace benefits that M$ offers for people who work in site licensed businesses.

designer

I also use Apache Open Office. Does everything MS Office does and more. And it is easier to use. Compatible with MS office as well. Yes it is FREE. It loads faster and uses less of the system resources as well. In other words, it runs faster.

The only thing it does not do is run MS VB. But there are ways around that so it is not a problem.

jsolie

Also as a side note, for those of you who work in corporate America, if your company has a site license for Microsoft products, you can often get a copy of office for 10 dollars, licensed for as long as you work for the company in question. It's one of the workplace benefits that M$ offers for people who work in site licensed businesses.

That only works if the company has a certain type of site license. The company I work for has a site license, but not the kind where I can get office for $10.

TonyL

I bought the $99 / year subscription for multiple PCs. May not be the best deal, but that's what I did.

Top Bottom