Need to make uglier, cheaper IAP mugs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

Dear Jeff,

Could you please arrange for some uglier, cheaper feeling mugs for the 2018 BASH?

I came into work yesterday and had to use a "I love Vermont" mug. Today I am using a "Maid of the Mist" mug. There is nothing wrong with these mugs, but they aren't my IAP mugs.

This happens most days.

I'm not a caffeine addict, so I am usually the last one in the office to get a mug full of tea or water in the morning (I'm not a coffee drinker). By the time I get my drink the IAP mugs are almost always gone. There are 3 or 4 other people in the office on any given day and all 5 of my IAP mugs are almost always in use. The folks in the office love them because they feel nice, look nice, and keep their beverage nice and warm for a while.

So, next year maybe you could get something made from cheap plastic? Or with a crooked handle?

Thanks,
Mugless Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Jeff,

Could you please arrange for some uglier, cheaper feeling mugs for the 2018 BASH?

I came into work yesterday and had to use a "I love Vermont" mug. Today I am using a "Maid of the Mist" mug. There is nothing wrong with these mugs, but they aren't my IAP mugs.

This happens most days.

I'm not a caffeine addict, so I am usually the last one in the office to get a mug full of tea or water in the morning (I'm not a coffee drinker). By the time I get my drink the IAP mugs are almost always gone. There are 3 or 4 other people in the office on any given day and all 5 of my IAP mugs are almost always in use. The folks in the office love them because they feel nice, look nice, and keep their beverage nice and warm for a while.

So, next year maybe you could get something made from cheap plastic? Or with a crooked handle?

Thanks,
Mugless Dave

I'll see if the potter can throw a crooked one. :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Any person that takes their IAP mugs to work, should be hung, drawn and quartered!!!!:mad:

Kidding, of course.:biggrin: But don't you really hate it when someone belts the damned spoon on the rim, before you can reach over and punch them in the chops. Does my head in, when it chips a cup....:mad:

edstreet

You share your mugs????? :confused:

Sharing mugs is like sharing underwear ......

Dear Jeff,

This happens most days.

Thanks,
Mugless Dave

I'll see if the potter can throw a crooked one. :biggrin:

Crooked ones will be more desirable and higher sough after.

Herb G

You share your mugs????? :confused:

My wife has at least 12 mugs for her coffee. I have 3.
All the mugs were dirty one day, so she grabs my IAP mug.
It was the only clean one in the cupboard.
After she fills it up, I take it & added sugar & cream.
I walked to the kitchen table & sat down.

She looks at me like I'm crazy or something. She asked me what I just did. I said "I got the coffee you made me, thanks dear."
She tells me that was for her to drink.
I told her "Your mugs are dirty."

:biggrin:

leehljp

Member Liaison
I believe in sharing; I believe in helping; I give away my excess tools; but my IAP mugs are MINE!

What's an excess tool?

Well, I was in sort of an "excess" situation. I had nearly a full set of tools when I lived in Japan (26 years); I had nearly a full set of tools State-side too. When I returned for good to the USA, I brought most all of my tools back home, but I didn't have room to work once they were all in my USA shop. 3 Miter saws and stands; 2 1/2 table saws (one in pieces for replacement parts), 2 thickness sanders; 4 angle grinders, 7 routers at one time; numerous sanders of different sizes and variations; 3 tool sharpeners; 2 drill presses; 2 stand alone sanders with stand; 2 welders; 3 corded drills; 4 corded circular saws; 2 lathes if I count the Taig, but 3 now with the Grizzly. NUMEROUS cordless tools in duplicate.

All for a one man operation to be used in retirement, whatever that is! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom