need ideas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyingmelon

So I signed up for the pen swap secret Santa trade and now that I have time to make something I am stuck on what to make. What are others making? Are you just making the best pen from the rarest wood? Are you going all out and making a segmented blank? Are you trying anything different? Thanks for any advice that someone can give me.

Russ

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodboys

Russ if you're talking about the secret santa on here it wasn't a pen swap it was anything relating to pens. Whether it be a pen you did or blanks , tools, parts. If you made me a pen for instance, I wouldn't bury it in a drawer. I have a special place I put pens I want to keep And a pen coming from someone definately belongs there.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Do what you can with what you have. If you turned out to be my secret Santa, rest assured anything you send will not be tossed in a drawer. I don't think the idea was to financially burden anyone. Just do what you feel is right, I'm sure there will be no complaints.

Daniel

As the notice says, Blanks are popular. tools are a good choice but you have to do some homework and try to come up with something you know you recipient would not have.
here is a hint. look up you persons profile then click on statistics. you can bring up all threads they have started or even all posts they have made. there is another nifty feature in there. It lists all there friends. you might actually do a little PMing and see if anyone else knows what they like, need etc. A little exra effort can result in a much better idea.

Top Bottom