Need help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Mom has been hinting for me to turn a lamp for her. Now LOML wants me to to get it done in time for Christmas. No big deal really. I bought a nice piece of coco when I was at Woodturningz a few weeks ago solely for that purpose. However, I'm not sure about hardware. I know I can by threaded tube and all the electrical pieces at Lowe's, but does anyone know if they make kits for this sort of thing? I firgured if they did it might be less expensive. TIA!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

53Jim

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Billy,
You can always use the hardware from a thrift-store lamp, if you can't find what you want.

Just don't tell the missus where the parts came from - you'll be sleeping on the sofa for scrimping.[;)]DAMHIKT

alamocdc

LOL, Jim, but the lamp is actually for my mother. My wife just wants me to hurry up and get to it. [:D] I found a web sitee that has the parts I need in kit form for a pretty good price if I order at least 5. Since I bought an extra piece of coco to make one for LOML (she doesn't know it though), I will probably go this route. Oh, one more thing for the wood matching experts. The coco won't be wide enough to use as the base for the lamp so I need some advice on what kind of wood to try and use for the base w/o going into the poor house. I have plenty of Cherry (some figured), Walnut (some figured), Maple and QS White Oak in stock. I even have a pretty good supply of spalted Maple. Oh yeah, I have some Pecan, Mesquite, Zebrawood, Bloodwood and Texas Ebony too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom