National Parks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

That's an unbelievable price increase. Don't get me wrong, $80 for a lifetime pass is still a great deal but how does it go from $10 to $80? On top of that it takes up to 12 weeks processing and they are now outsourcing the process!

Skeleton2014

Will miss it by 3 days!!! Drat! Thanks for the info, I was wondering when they were going to raise the price. Was hoping I'd sneak in my 62nd birthday before. $80 is still a good deal for lifetime entry into NP.
Jeff

Just an FYI that the Senior Pass for the National Parks lifetime access is going up from $10 to $80 on the 28th of this month.
Here is the online link if interested:

https://store.usgs.gov/senior-pass

eharri446

It is not $10.00 it is $20.00. They outsourced the order process to some company which is charging a $10.00 processing fee.

However, you can not go to the movies for $20.00 once much less for a lifetime.

Thanks for the post.

Rounder

I am old (62) and I ordered mine. $20 beats $80 any day. $90 if they still charge the processing fee. Thanks for the info.

tdsmart

If you are close to any of the listed parks you should be able to drive up and get one at the gate. We went to Harpers Ferry and had our passes in a few minutes.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I got one for me and one for LOML last month. We keep them in our respective automobiles. It will always be there. We have been meaning to do this for the last 8 years I have qualified but never got around to doing it.

Our local park gave us "hangers" to put the cards on and hang over the mirror. Some state parks honor them and require them to be shown in order to park in certain areas.

Last edited:

Charlie_W

Friday, I stopped by Great Falls National Park, pulled up to the gate, showed my DL and handed over $10...a minute later, I had my lifetime pass!
Sweet deal!

Woodchipper

Fortunately, I live about two hours from the Great Smoky Mountain NP. For some reason, if my memory serves me, there is something in the charter or whatever that the park can't charge admission. You pay for camping, horseback riding, and there is a donation box on the Cade's Cove loop.
Funny story from a friend who was at the GSMNP- a ranger was telling about the park when a tourist asked when they let the bears out so she could see them. Really!

Fortunately, I live about two hours from the Great Smoky Mountain NP. For some reason, if my memory serves me, there is something in the charter or whatever that the park can't charge admission. You pay for camping, horseback riding, and there is a donation box on the Cade's Cove loop.
Funny story from a friend who was at the GSMNP- a ranger was telling about the park when a tourist asked when they let the bears out so she could see them. Really!

Tell her to put a sandwich on the picnic table and sit and wait... Yogi will be along shortly.... :biggrin::biggrin:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Check out the veterans and active military passes, they are great, but the disabled pass will get you into anything and it's free.

Top Bottom