NASA has the vacuum chamber of my dreams

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

This video proves Galileo's theory - awesome experiment!

https://www.wimp.com/galileos-theor...me-without-air-resistance-is-put-to-the-test/

My biggest question is - how many gallons of Cactus Juice with this chamber hold?

My second question is - how many days would NASA allow me to soak the wood after vacuum is released?

Hey Jeff, when can we schedule a stabilize-athon? I'll ask Curtis if we could get a bulk discount.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jolly Red

That just blows my mind. It's one thing to "know" they will fall at the same rate, it is just so weird to actually see it.

thewishman

When you line this up I have a 56 Chevy with a lot of rust I would like to stabilize.

There may be room, but you might want to take the seats out, they would suck up a lot of CJ.

800,000 cubic feet, we'll have to leave room for bubbles at the top. Almost 6,000,000 gallons of juice. I hope there is a discount bigger than the 4 gallon price.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I go out there frequently. It's about 50 miles west of Cleveland. We build a lot of hardware in the shop where I work that goes out there to support tests. It's an amazing place. The scale of the facility is hard to comprehend. The 50x50 ft concrete doors on the outer chamber weigh 6,000,000 pounds each.

thewishman

It's difficult to imagine the size of it.

So, if a train car holds 30,110 gallons per tanker, we'll need almost 200 cars to fill it up, less the wood and the 56 Chevy.

tanker.jpg

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Several years ago, we lived in South Africa....I worked for the same company as now but was also very active in Round Table...
I did a lot of work underground in the mines, gold, platinum and diamond and periodically I would arrange with my contacts on the mines to have a 'job' or site survey for some future works and take either a fellow Tabler or a deserving local down the mine as a treat. :wink:

I think Mr Brown could make a Bash prize out of a NASA visit.....

(Instead of the Drill Doctor.....that I'm never gonna win anyway):mad:

All in favour....say Aye...:biggrin:

Top Bottom