My wife's first

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcook4570

FirstBS1.jpg

I finally talked my wife into turning. She chose a bottle stopper in spalted buckeye.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jpick22

Mr Cook. . . . .

YOU JUST MADE A BIG MISTAKE!!!

WOW, what a beautiful job she did - pat her on the head for me!

Actually, I find it pretty nice when the wife gains an interest in something you're doing - that is, if you like her and like being around her :)

BUT, I feel a new lathe entering your life - very soon! Whatcha gonna get?

Just think - now buying goodies for your pen (and now stoppers) habit will now be so much easier - you can now have probably anything you (and she) might desire.

Way to go!
Jay

JimGo

Wow, that's a heck of a first time effort! Please wish her congratulations! I tried my hand at a bottle stopper, and it wound up looking more like a bowling pin. Pretty sad, really, and that's after making quite a few pens!

So, what lathe are you ordering for <s>yourself</s> her?

melogic

Stan, your wife did a really nice job. How does she like turning now? Is she going to attempt a pen or two? My wife and daughter and I love getting together and turning in the shop. We each have our own style. This will make it really nice if you get in a bind and need some help with turning out some product. Congratulate her for the family and I and hope to see you at some more shows this year.

Oh my!!! that is wonderful. And she has NEVER turned anything on a lathe before? She's a natural. Is that a button for the cabachon?

mrcook4570

Thanks guys. I am very proud of her. She has always helped me with selecting materials and selling finished products, so she has become kowledgeable of the process.

I already have two lathes - a jet mini and a jet 1442, which, I may no longer have. That is the machine she has claimed. She's currently working on a second stopper.

She spent nearly six hours on the first one. That is a pewter button for the cabochon.

Radman

She did a great job Stan!
Last time my wife to an interest in one of my hobbies.... well, now she rides her own motorcycle[^]
My shop is my escape, but she's always welcome to join in with this too[:)][:)]
Radman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom