My wife and Kids dog

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

I got my wife and kids a year old Jack Russell Terrier from the Humane Shelter. Well my kids love it, but guess who he refuses to get more than 10 feet from? Well until we go outside and he tries to get as far as fast as he can.

293939_10150270543238736_686573735_7755726_3689283_n.jpg

I wonder who will take him outside midnight and such....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glennw

Sounds just like my puppy. Maggie Mae

Attachments

• IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

PenMan1

Oh! Apparently you didn't get the memo. They are not dogs. The are Jack Russell TERRORISTS!

They have all the energy and determination of Seal Team Six. They will NEVER back down from a fight regardless of the odds. They can count AND will hold a grudge. They will pick one member of your family and reward that member with unmodulated devotion. If that person turns out to be your child, I WOULD BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT ANY KIND OF DISCIPLINE IN FRONT THE 12 INCH TERRORIST!

In other words, the perfect companion. PenDawg1 made me write this:)

PenMan1

PenMan so who did pendawg pick?

Interesting story!
PenDawg1 came to us from a military family being deployed to Iraq. She spent her first 4 month in a pet store. Her previous primary care giver was female, so she bonded with my wife.

When I left the corporate world and started working from home, PD1 became "all daddy dog" and LOVES THE SHOP! She likes everything except when my LOUD air compressor turns on.

Now, She won't even go "potty" unless Daddy takes her! She is all shop...That is when her name changed (unofficially) from Jessie Jayne to PenDawg1. That dog loves a nice pen:biggrin:

Drstrangefart

I got my wife and kids a year old Jack Russell Terrier from the Humane Shelter. Well my kids love it, but guess who he refuses to get more than 10 feet from? Well until we go outside and he tries to get as far as fast as he can.

293939_10150270543238736_686573735_7755726_3689283_n.jpg

I wonder who will take him outside midnight and such....

Looks like you need to invest in a couple of laser pointers to wear the little guy out at night. Works like a charm for wearing my dog out.

Jgrden

Brother !! We have a brother sister combination that were unruly. We found they were bonding with each other with no need for their owners/masters so we started to separate them in feeding, potty walks and sleeping at night. It has helped to control their behavior. Now we are taking in Mary's mom who has an old dog and these two of ours have tormented in the past. So we are now investing in muzzles and cages for them to call their own at night. These two are Belgian Griffons who are small (20 lbs.) yet are trained to guard against people stealing carriages in old England. The male puts on a real act when he wants to challenge people. Fluffs up his hair, stomps his feet and jumps up and down.

PenMan1

Oh Yeah! Almost forgot! These little devils are smart enough to operate power windows on their own. AND BOY TO THEY LIKE THE WIND IN THEIR FACES.

If your dog hasn't figured out "up and down" on the car windows, I suggest "child lock". Otherwise, they will drive you crazy opeining and closing the windows!

Scratch

I had a Terrorist also!! His name was "Buster" because
he looked a lot to me like the Buster Brown Dog.
Smartest, Most Fearless, Loyal Friend I ever had.The ONLY thing he was afraid of was thunder.You are right about disciplining children, He would try to eat me up
if he thought I was too harsh with the Teenagers. And he was Daddy's boy!Had to put him to sleep 2 yrs ago this past July. Cried like a baby. I can't even bring myself to get another dog, I still miss my buddy.

PenMan1

PenDawg1 got picked up by a Red Shouldered Hawk when she was a puppy. The hawk got the worst of that deal!

Now any big bird can be 1000 feet in the air, and PenDawg1 goes out barking, snarling and "pointing" into the sky. It is a laugh riot to watch.

grapenut

I'm new to the forum, but not to dogs. Friend has a Jack Russell, who has two speeds wide open and asleep. on the other hand our Newfie Nigel sticks his nose out the doggy door and if it is above 90 he stays in unless there is water involved

Attachments

• Nigel.jpg
    Nigel.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 96

edicehouse

The little terrorist this weekend tried going after a Mastiff in Petsmart. And 15 minutes after we got him away, he was still looking for him.

tt1106

Oh! Apparently you didn't get the memo. They are not dogs. The are Jack Russell TERRORISTS!

They have all the energy and determination of Seal Team Six. They will NEVER back down from a fight regardless of the odds. They can count AND will hold a grudge. They will pick one member of your family and reward that member with unmodulated devotion. If that person turns out to be your child, I WOULD BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT ANY KIND OF DISCIPLINE IN FRONT THE 12 INCH TERRORIST!

OH MY GOSH, This is hysterical. My wife's cousin has a dog show business and their star is a JRT named Skid. He used to do a hand stand in her ex-husband's hand.

1. The dog had motion sickness which considering they made htier living driving around the country to various state fairs, etc. was a huge problem.
2. The dog had no gag reflex. One thanksgiving night, it somehow managed to climb onto the counter tops, while we were at the grocery store and ate himself into a food coma.

3. He was fixated(jealousy issues) on growling at her ex-husband and baring his teeth.

I decided basically after that one night that I would NEVER own a JRT. Instead we've had 2 Saint Bernards. The one that's left is Blind as a bat and deaf as a post but otherwise happy as can be.

Attachments

• gabsinasaintbernardsandwf3.jpg
    gabsinasaintbernardsandwf3.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

animefan

OH MY GOSH, This is hysterical. My wife's cousin has a dog show business and their star is a JRT named Skid. He used to do a hand stand in her ex-husband's hand.

1. The dog had motion sickness which considering they made htier living driving around the country to various state fairs, etc. was a huge problem.
2. The dog had no gag reflex. One thanksgiving night, it somehow managed to climb onto the counter tops, while we were at the grocery store and ate himself into a food coma.

3. He was fixated(jealousy issues) on growling at her ex-husband and baring his teeth.

I decided basically after that one night that I would NEVER own a JRT. Instead we've had 2 Saint Bernards. The one that's left is Blind as a bat and deaf as a post but otherwise happy as can be.

That looks like a good pair of babysitters.

Top Bottom