My Turn???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

I thought it was a really nice gesture on Cav's part to start the thread about what a great cyberfriend we have in Dario. I was so touched by the many posts and kind things that were said about our number one poster that I decided to have my wife read it. She was touched.

About an hour later, the mood in our house suddenly changed as she turned to me and asked, "Al, why don't the IAP members ever say anything nice about you?" I was at a loss for words. Then I thought, "WOW! I bet those great people in IAP will come through for me in my time of need!"

So, here's your chance to help an old guy out. Let's get those posts rolling! Dang, my wife is gonna be proud of me!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

ROFLMAO

You really had us sweating in laughter Al!!!

Kidding aside, I remember all the assistance you gave me. One in particular that I will never forget, is the one involving my son ;). Sorry I cannot give too much details.

Thanks!!!

Scott

Here you go Al:

Al, better known among his many friends as Doc Stram, is the best person I don't know, and is by far the best looking person I have never seen! He makes me laugh seemingly by saying nothing, and makes me cry by the same act! Every moment I have never spent in his company causes me sheer joy! Al, you're simply the best!

Scott.

(Do you think she bought it?)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Dear Mrs Stramiello,

Please accept our condolences over the loss of the Old Prof's mind.
He was a 'sort of' OK guy, even if he was a bit wierd.

We at IAP try to look out for each other, even the 'lesser' members like....What's his name again?
So please don't allow him near any power tools until he recovers.

Yours Sincerely
The Good Folks of IAP:D

karlkuehn

Banned
Doc, I really appreciate your friendly and levelheaded approach to all topics, and can always count on you to be a stalwart and consistent companion on this twisting journey of never ending adventure and intrigue. You're an asset to IAP, and I treasure our time together.

Now, about that twenty bucks we talked about...small bills is good. :D[:p]

airrat

Mrs Stram...

The day I posted about my wife being diagnosed with Cancer she received a phone call from Al. I do not know how he got my number but let me tell you it touched our hearts deeply. You have yourself a great guy there with a big heart.

OK OK Back to normal self
Do I win the wettest eye contest with this? :D:D:D

alamocdc

ROTFLAO!!!!

Now, does anybody know how to get creamed and sugared coffee off a 20" flatscreen monitor? My good friend Al has apparently been watching Oprah again. That, or Skippy is right. I'll just blame it on his students. I know how frustrating they can be.[:p]

In the mean time, my old friend, take two shots (the drink of choice is of course your option) and call me in the morning after your head has cleared.

Oh, and Mrs. Stramiello, please fix my dear friend a healthy meal this evening. He's obviously sufferning from a nutritional deficiency. Not to mean he isn't eating, he just isn't eating things that promote mental health.[}:)]

Originally posted by DocStram

I thought it was a really nice gesture on Cav's part to start the thread about what a great cyberfriend we have in Dario. I was so touched by the many posts and kind things that were said about our number one poster that I decided to have my wife read it. She was touched.

About an hour later, the mood in our house suddenly changed as she turned to me and asked, "Al, why don't the IAP members ever say anything nice about you?" I was at a loss for words. Then I thought, "WOW! I bet those great people in IAP will come through for me in my time of need!"

So, here's your chance to help an old guy out. Let's get those posts rolling! Dang, my wife is gonna be proud of me!

Does she really want to know what we think?[}:)]:D

GoodTurns

Originally posted by DocStram

I was at a loss for words.

I bet we could have gotten really good Vegas odds on that ever happening!;)[}:)][:eek:)]

Seriously, Doc, yours is one of the voices I follow on the site, ManyThanks for <s>all</s> most of your contributions!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Dear Mrs. Al,

Your husband is a wonderful man. He has lost more contests here at the IAP than anyone else. Al always is so cheerful when he loses.

Some of us wrote a TV show about Doc Al and all he has done for the IAP. Unfortunately, the producers of "The Biggest Loser" filed an injunction so we can't show it.

Al, love ya and thanks for being here!

wudnhed

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Doc, I really appreciate your friendly and levelheaded approach to all topics, and can always count on you to be a stalwart and consistent companion on this twisting journey of never ending adventure and intrigue. You're an asset to IAP, and I treasure our time together.

Now, about that twenty bucks we talked about...small bills is good. :D[:p]

Well, Doc, what have you got to say for yourself. You only offered me $10 bucks........I feel cheated so I guess I won't be getting in on the praises.

fiferb

As one of the privileged few who have met Al and his lovely wife in person I can say that they are both great people. Anyone that will open there home to a complete stranger, stuff him full of pizza and let an amateur knock a bowl blank off his lathe, twice, and into a window, has to be a great guy.

Thanks Al for being my friend.[8D]

PS. You still owe me a phone call.:D

rlharding

This is a tough one........Well Mrs......no, that's not the right approach - try again - Docstram is a ....no, that doesn't feel right either.

hummmmmmm what to say, what to say........hummmmmm

Jarheaded

Doc, you are the greatest person in the world and with out your help and input, none of us would even be able to figure out how to get dressed in the mornings. Your penturning skills are unmatched and noone will ever even come close to it. Your sweat should be bottled and sent to a lab to figure out what it is that makes you so great. If there is ever a great plague that wipes out most of mankind, it will be your DNA that will be sought after to repopulate the world. Other than that, you are just a normal, basic, upstanding man that anyone would be proud to say they have known. I hope this helps you and your wife out, and I hope you know which parts are real and which parts are BS. You will never know how many people you have an effect on until the chips aren't in your favor, until then, be happy that you aren't in the position to warrant any real assistance.
May you never need to know how we truly feel.

Top Bottom