My Son's First Pocket "Knipe"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

My 2.5 year old son Braden has been bugging me for a pocket knife for the last two months. This morning, we went out in the shop together and built him his first, "Knipe", as he calls it. The wood is Bolivian Rosewood and some Maple dowels. The dowels were burnt with a torch to blend them into the rosewood a bit. It was finished with a sanding sealer and a friction polish, buffed to a dull sheen. He is asleep on the couch with it right now! Just thought I would share. I know Griz' daughter would get a kick out of something like this. I am sure others might too.

knife1.jpg

knife2.jpg

knife3.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Excellent idea. I wasn't sure if the age was 2 1/2 or 25 with a misplaced decimal point. And I worried at what kind of idjit would give a 2 1/2 year old a pocket knife. I'm going to plagerize your idea for my five year old twin grandsons. [:)]

Fangar

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Excellent idea. I wasn't sure if the age was 2 1/2 or 25 with a misplaced decimal point. And I worried at what kind of idjit would give a 2 1/2 year old a pocket knife. I'm going to plagerize your idea for my five year old twin grandsons. [:)]

Actually he will be three in late November. I am sure your Grandsons will love em.

Fangar

Fangar

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Pretty cool James! Looks like the blade is nice and dull!

Shhhhhhhhhh... Don't tell him that...

Anyone is more than welcome to use the design. Email if you get into a snag anywhere. I kinda made it up as we went along.

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom