My son in Iraq (update)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

All, my wife just got a call from John. He is a bit down right now and about to go out on a dangerous mission. A few days ago his unit lost 4 people, including his Company CO, corpsman and two platoon members. One of which was his best friend. An IED blew their Hummer in half. Apparently they are going after insurgents. He told her that many people were about to be killed and some would likely be innocent. He also told her not to ask him if he killed anyone during his tour. I ask again for you to pray that God will uphold him and his unit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

You and your son have always been with our prayers my friend.

I just wish and pray that this ends soon. We are loosing lives for a cause that is noble but for me personally is becoming questionable (hope this won't lead to any flames...as I said it is my personal opinion only).

Rifleman1776

Prayers are with all our service men and women, especially those in Iraq and Afganistan. My son-in-law (Air Force) is scheduled to leave for Iraq soon. Wife and I are going to Colorado later this week to try to see him before he leaves. He hasn't been given an exact date yet, sometime between the 26th of this month and 5th of Nov. We'll get there on the 29th, hope he is still there. Our daughter is coming back here to Arkansas for a month or so. Thanksgiving Day will be their first anniversary, that will be a tough time for both of them and the whole family.

Ron Mc

Billy,
The sharing of your sons story has really touched my heart. I have that feeling in my throat as I try to maintain. I guess that it is due to the fact that I have an 18 year old son and I can only imagine what your family is feeling.
When your son gets back from the mission and calls be sure to let him know that we are all so very proud of him and appreciate his sacrifice.
Let him know that if he ends out in Dallas that I would hope to have a Texas style BBQ in his honor. I have a feeling there will be many turners here to enjoy his company.
God Bless,

alamocdc

Thanks, guys! Ron, I'm sure he would appreciate it. Like me, he enjoys a good Texas BBQ! I hope you get to see him off, Frank, and tell him thanks you from us!

JimGo

Frank, please tell him thank you for us and wish him a safe and healthy tour of duty for us, too. His selflessness is greatly appreciated.

Billy, I am glad to hear that he survived the attack, and can't imagine how difficult it must have been for him. I hope he continues to be well. The things your son is going through are precisely why my attitude toward the military has changed greatly since I was in high school. I used to think that you had to be nuts or stupid to go into the miliary (thanks to some very liberal teachers in South Jersey). I now realize that it takes a lot of bravery and selflesness to do what they do, and I have a lot of respect for our service men and women for it. I don't presume to speak for others (at least in this case), but I for one feel I owe people like your son a great debt. The least I can do is to ask you to please let him know that my wife and I appreciate his willingness to do what his country asked of him, however difficult it may be.

woodwish

I would echo what the others have said, your son and his unit are in our prayers. I also pray that we can get out of there soon. I teach high school and as I look in the eyes of my seniors I realize that some of them are only months away from being over there, they suddenly seem so much older in some ways but still are just big goofy kids. Keep us posted, I think everyone would want to know how he and his unit is doing.

Scott

Hi Billy,

It is so easy to feel safe and insulated here at home, and forget what is going on over there. I have my opinions of the politics of what is going on in Iraq, but I support and pray for every one of our men and women in the military stationed over there! Please let him know that there are people here who care, and we are proud of him, and behind him 100%. Thank God for your Son, and the hard job he is doing!

Scott.

alamocdc

Thanks again, all! We all know that the media only reports what they want us to see... good or bad. I just spoke to my wife after getting home and he told her that things over there are worse in places than we get told about... if it's reported at all. He also told her that they really are fighting for freedom and that isn't being reported either.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Billy and Frank,

My heart goes out to you both and all of those serving in harm's way. My wife is in Kuwait as I have mentioned so by comparison she is much more safe than those in Iraq. She says she is shocked at how young the soldiers and marines coming through their clinic are.

May your loved ones come through this safely and be returned to you.

As a side note, when my wife came home for mid-tour leave she flew into Dallas. She was overcome by the welcome afforded them, from a salute by fire trucks to the crowd greeting them as they entered the terminal. There were retirees, VFW members and others giving their time to honor our service men and women.

May God give you strength in the days ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom