My Pretty Wood Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jonjon

Thank you to all of the people that voted on my pen. I learned a lot from this contest. There were a lot of great entries and a lot of beautiful wood. A big congratulations to Fred Bruche on your number one place. It was well deserved. As a teenager I considered myself very fortunate to land a second place finish. It could easily have gone to others. I saw a few others that did not make it into the contest that were fantastic as well.

Thanks also to Brian Garthwaite for running the contest. You had a lot of pictures to manage. It is a great statement about all of you who donate your time to make this forum fun.

And thanks to beartooth woods and its_virgil for donating the prize. I am absolutely excited.

My goal is to make each pen better so your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• Pretty wood pic 2.jpg
    Pretty wood pic 2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 145
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
No question on the quality of the pen - blanks and turning is superb. I will also compliment you on the photography.

Well done! And very deserved placing.

jonjon

Thanks for your comments. I love Thuya burl. I might say I got this blank from the etsy sight of another young turner and member here, Seth - Rolandranch, whose work I have admired. He had some really nice blanks. I about despaired during the finishing process and had to remove it and start again. Why is it when you are really trying, it trys you? All came out good in the end.

Top Bottom