My new Lathe died

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Well this sucks I am in the middle of a small order and my Turncrafter lathe just died. When I turn it on then off it gives a short spin and the display gives a blue flash and then nothing. I need to call PSI but hope you all can steer me in the right direction.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Call PSI - between 8am and 5pm Eastern time on a weekday.

It sounds like a problem in the controller. If the lathe is new (<3 years old), the warranty should apply.

Don't waste time on e-mail - call PSI customer service instead. They are very good about phone calls, but e-mails get lost.

pngeezer

Turncrafters have a 3 year warranty so I'm sure they'll make it right. There's a reset button on the side of the control panel that you can try also. Got mine a week ago and really like it.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Jerry, I had this problem years ago. You can take the switch apart. You will find two contact buttons with springs on them. These buttons make contact with bent brass strips. You can bend or straighten, the strips. ( I think it's straighten) put it back together. That's all it is. One of the buttons may be slipping off to one side. This issue is most common with the Turncrafter. Ptownsubbie had the same issue not long after I did. Good luck!

WriteON

Jerry, I had this problem years ago. You can take the switch apart. You will find two contact buttons with springs on them. These buttons make contact with bent brass strips. You can bend or straighten, the strips. ( I think it's straighten) put it back together. That's all it is. One of the buttons may be slipping off to one side. This issue is most common with the Turncrafter. Ptownsubbie had the same issue not long after I did. Good luck!

Don't kill the warranty. Talk to PSI customer service first. Explain you are in need and a bit disappointed as you are busy....request they overnight the part.

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Don't kill the warranty. Talk to PSI customer service first. Explain you are in need and a bit disappointed as you are busy....request they overnight the part.

Good idea! It might be covered.

WriteON

Good idea! It might be covered.

If I'm reading correctly it's 3year's.

Top Bottom