In my mail

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

djz9

Today in the mail I got a package from National Pen Co. I figured it was something I ordered, or a catalog. I could not believe my eyes, it was a crappy little pen, with my company name on it (Dee Jays Artisan Writing Instruments) that I could buy and give to impress my customers for only $.39 each. I am sure by the name, that they would have no idea how much I would need a pen for under 40 cents. Figured you all could use the same laugh that I had. When I figure out how to up load pictures I will put it up for all to be impressed with as I was.

pssherman

I also got one of them recently. My credit card processing center gave them my contact information. I know this since my company name 'Turnings by Design' was misspelled the same way the credit card processor has it. The cost to fix one letter is the same as it was to setup the account in the first place.

Chasper

I got the mailing too, definitely from a list rental by the credit card processor.

I think we should all step up to the challenge. Maybe make a few hundred nice Barons and mail them out for free to a select list of businesses. Give them an opportunity to buy them by the hundreds for only $75 each. For every 100 names mailed we would need to get about a 2% response rate for a $7,500 average order. There is profit to be made in that. Do you think it will work? I suspect that I've developed dumber business plans in my life.

Top Bottom