My Latest "Not-A-Pen"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czarcastic

This is the latest thing to come off the lathe.
Spalted Hackberry Square-Edge "Floating" Bowl.
7" edge to edge, 5-3/4" bowl with 1/8" walls. 1" total height.
Finish is 3 coats minwax gloss wipe-on poly.

shbowl1.jpg

shbowl2.jpg

shbowl3.jpg

As a side note, I bought this wood from AdoptWood.com. Curtis is a regular on another web forum I frequent, and a fine, upstanding man. If you look at his website, you will understand why I am posting the link here.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Very nice design Steven. I have seen the square bowls that you guys do here and I am wanting to try them soon. I think the month of January will be my experimental month in the shop. This is when my wife and I generally close shop for a month, but this is now going to be my experimental time. Thanks for sharing this with us.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
That's a beautiful bowl, Steven. To further emphasize your ending comments, I think everyone viewing this bowl realy ought to check out www.adoptwood.com . It's not your ordinary wood supplier site! [8D]

Czarcastic

Originally posted by darbytee
<br />Very cool "not a pen' Steven. I also checked out the adoptwood site. What a great idea. When I run out of bowl stock I'll definiitely be checking back with Curtis.
He's also got terrific mesquite, spalted hackberry, and rosewood pen blanks, and will custom cut blanks to any size for the bigger pen kits, just in case you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom