My "helper" is down...! - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 5

Thoughts and prayers for the both of you.
Argo13 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

Photos: 8

I hope that you are both on the mend soon George.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Prayers going up for Merissa and you. I pray for God's healing to touch both of you. My wife is also my right hand and has been for over 50 years. Hopefully I will expire first. I could not do without her.
Blessings, Les
Rockytime is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

Sent up
Old 07-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

Photos: 25

Praying for Merissa and yourself George.
http://www.undergroundwoodworking.ca
Rick_G is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #26 (permalink)

George, what a team you both are. All the prayers and positive thoughts are there for you and Merissa. Pain is always difficult to deal with - may the faith in your lives stregthen the help the doctors as they find a way to ease the pain and suffering.
Always with you both.
Gordon

The word 'listen' contains the same letters as the word 'silent. Is that like <<<<<ZIP IT<<<<<<
flyitfast is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #27 (permalink)

George:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Merissa. I hope everything turns out good.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #28 (permalink)

Photos: 9

Default tonychar

hi George I was down at you place two years ago and seen you and Merissa then I was there for the afternoon you sold me some pen blanks and showed me how to use those discs on the grinder I still use then and show others thanks to you. you wife made us feel very welcome down there. I hope you get some good news soon.
A I see a pain doctor down that way you need your gp to send you there it is moore st clinic willunga dr reece henning.it cost but medicare covers I see him for my back it might help you out in future I hope to come back down soon to get some more blanks till then
wishing you both all the best and Merissa rest up NO LIFTING till you know more.
tonychar is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #29 (permalink)

Photos: 89

Prayers being sent George for you and yours.
Edward Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #30 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Hi everyone,

Merissa is just seated next to me reading your messages and I could see a tear in her eyes, she thanks everyone for the thoughts and wishes...!

Merissa is a very special gal, she knows that I speak often of her on IAP and that I wrote many wood stories where I tell everyone, the very important work she does to help me out, some time there are a few pics with Merissa on the background and some on the foreground, Merissa tends to believe that no one gives any attention to her contribution.

This is mainly due to the fact that, (and previously mentioned) she doesn't want to have anything to do with computers, she is happier that way, she prefers her cross words and her film watching, I have no problem with that however, that also contributes for her assumption that no one cares, and while I show her many post where I speak of her, she doesn't follow the follow ups and miss a lot of what other say about her work...!

This was exactly one of the reasons why I decided to dedicate this thread to Merissa, not only because she is not doing too well at the moment, but also to make her realise that infact, a lot of people are aware of how much she helps me with the woodwork and life in general...!

Merissa has been very stressed out about not being able to do the normal things she normally does, she gets frustrated and angry with herself, particularly in the mornings where, getting out of bed is a painful and slow exercise, then her hands are so swallowed and saw that she can do anything, not until she takes the medication and the Oxycontin 15mg starts to numb the pain slightly.

I have been through all that a few times myself, I know out if feels, I wasn't expecting Merissa to develop that sort of problem, not this soon, and I can't stop not feeling guilty to the fact that, was a lot of the heavy lifting and hard work that I requested from Merissa that, make the situation so much worse...!

I have enough spinal problems to know that, I may need all sorts of "help" in the near future, and I have been preparing Merissa for the inevitable, something that she is well aware off since day one, I thought that, she being so much younger than me (41 - 57) would help her to cope with the physical demands of a wheel-chair bound person however, those prospects are slightly changed, for me due to some "interesting/puzzling" internal changes in my spine, in recent years but that, is an issue for another thread, one day so, with the recents "events" I'm starting to wonder, who will need to look after who...??? I thought that I did know the answer, not anymore and that, scares the living life out of me, how am I going to manage that, with my deterioration predictions..???

Make no mistake, I'm not done yet, nor I think that Merissa won't improve,
I will continue to help her, in any way I can, regardless if on 2 feet, on my knees or on my hands, she know that too however, the thoughts are quite scary and we can not disregard any and all possibilities, this has got nothing to be with being negative and or pessimist, is simply considering the options and being as prepare as one can be, if ever...!

With this said, anyone that know me will know that, i don't give up that easy if ever, I am the most determined person you will ever met and know about, and I always say, impossibilities don't exist in my books, I consider those as "things with a greater degree of difficulty", stubborn...?? you bettcha...!

Life goes on...!

Cheers
George

Email: nyodine@yahoo.com.au

Web-Store: https://www.georges-bits-of-timber.com/
robutacion is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads