My Grandmother the addict

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

We lost my grandfather just over 2 years ago. My grandmother has become a real addict for my pens. LOL. Lastnight I had to stop at her neighbors; the neighbors son was there (an old friend). Well his mother had messed up a cigar he bought from me (nothing major), and I was going to fix it. After that I went to her house sat with her a while watching TV talking to her. Well I had a cigar pen in my pocket and took it out; just messing with it. She leans over to look and sticks her hand out. I hand it to her, well that one was bought by her (at a huge discount); then joking I took another out and said what about this one? OOOOOO I love this one. She refuses to "take" any, because she doesn't want me to lose money. . . But I about break even with her on what she buys.

(PS bored at work)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Well I figure for xmas I am going to do the magnafind glass, letter opener, ect in a poly resin color scheme my wife had me get from Fred.

renowb

That's a neat story Ed! I bet she would like a magnifier. Bored at work? I wish I had a job!:biggrin: Looking forward for a free meal this Friday!:biggrin:

bitshird

Well I figure for xmas I am going to do the magnafind glass, letter opener, ect in a poly resin color scheme my wife had me get from Fred.

Those are a great gift for an older person, they really appreciate the usefulness of a letter opener and the glass. I've tried to make a nice desk holder for the 3 pieces, maybe put a piece of felt on th bottom of the Magnifier cavity so it doesn't scratch the glass

edicehouse

I have been looking for a "set" the best I found is one from PSI. Does anyone else have an idea for a set maybe with a slightly bigger glass than the PSI one?

Top Bottom