my first bowl kinda

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubby

That bowl looks real good for your first!! As you make more, you will be more comfortable getting the sides thinner ( if you like thin walls). I was a bowl only turner until It's_virgil (AKA Don Ward) turned me on to this pen stuff[:D][}:)] Really like the cedar

Keep up the good work

Ed Jordan
Wichita Falls Tx

dubdrvrkev

Hey that looks better the my first few bowls. Make sure to keep it, you can always look back on it. Then someday you might rechuck it and turn it down again. But as it sits, you should feel good about it anyway! Keep it up.

Doghouse

Just about everyone turns a square edge on the inside of their first bowl. The funny thing is that is much harder than turning a slope from lip to base. That looks like a great start, and you are well on your way.

If you want a suggestions, please continue to read. If not stop here.

A little more time sanding will make a world of difference in the final outcome of your bowls. You do not need to go to the micromesh level that you do with pens, but making sure you sand out all your cut lines is important. If you have a round nose scraper, look up shear scraping the inside of a bowl It will decrease your sanding time.
The final suggestion is to sharpen your tools often. That will also decrease your sanding time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom