At my desk - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 09:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Well, you should be good at what you do, bosses always try to pay as less as possible and when situations like these occur, the results can go either way, what I mean is, the price you put on your own head can be a huge one and even if the boss accepts it, it may not be worth it why...? because if you developed the feeling that you don't like the "place" in its entirety, no amount of money will change that, it may look ok in the beginning but won't take long for you to feel trapped and not so happy. Moving to a different location and a number of different circumstances can give you what money does not, however, a "little" extra money comes in handy.

Let's see where you endup...!

PS: Does the new job with better pay give you the extra time you spend on the web/IAP under job time...?

Cheers
George

Email: nyodine@yahoo.com.au

Web-Store: https://www.georges-bits-of-timber.com/
robutacion is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-06-2017, 07:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 5

as long as it is on the left side of the decimal, you're in good shape! ;)

Congrats!
MDWine is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #13 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by edicehouse View Post
I am going from "Scheduler" to "Senior Scheduler", which I have been doing more than the "Seniors" at work. So I am staying. I agree with you rounder but when the difference between what the new company offered and my current one is almost 10K. I know the other one will not even come close. I was leaving for purely financial reasons. I like where I currently am, and am one of the leaders. Some of the Senior Schedulers would joke, when I am training them that you're not even a Senior.... I would say I am not be a Senior but at least I am considered a Lead Scheduler.... They would not comment too much after that.
Hey, you have to do what is best for the family. It just turned out that my move was better overall even at a little less money. Glad that you enjoy where you are at AND are getting bigger bucks. Sounds out like it worked out really good for you. Congrats!!!

"WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THEIR GOVERNMENT, THERE IS TYRANNY. WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE, THERE IS LIBERTY." Thomas Jefferson

Self Pity. I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. D. H. Lawrence
Rounder is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robutacion View Post
Well, you should be good at what you do, bosses always try to pay as less as possible and when situations like these occur, the results can go either way, what I mean is, the price you put on your own head can be a huge one and even if the boss accepts it, it may not be worth it why...? because if you developed the feeling that you don't like the "place" in its entirety, no amount of money will change that, it may look ok in the beginning but won't take long for you to feel trapped and not so happy. Moving to a different location and a number of different circumstances can give you what money does not, however, a "little" extra money comes in handy.

Let's see where you endup...!

PS: Does the new job with better pay give you the extra time you spend on the web/IAP under job time...?

Cheers
George
Basically my "title" is catching up to the work I do. My responsibilities will not change.

I was supposed to go take the tests for the new job this week, however I have been so busy with work I hadn't had time. For some reason I have never been one to go on shortimeritis.

I enjoy where I am, the people I work with, so I didn't want to leave. I have been here for just over a year as employee and before that a year and some change as a "temp".

I actually think one of the things I do that takes basically half my Tuesday and most of my Wednesday may be transferred to someone else.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

Congratulations and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads