My Daughter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregD

We just learned that our 13 year old daughter has been accepted as a People to People Student Ambassador to Australia, New Zealand and Fuji
She will travel there this next summer. This 20-day exchange consists of meetings with government officials, interaction with other students her age, educational activities, and home stays with host families.
In case you haven’t heard of People to People, President Dwight D. Eisenhower founded People to People in 1956. He believed that if people from different cultures could come together in peace and friendship, so eventually would nations. Programs like Sister Cities, Project HOPE and Pen Pals, and the Student/Sports Ambassador Program were created by People to People, and have become independent programs since then.
People to People Ambassadors are carefully interviewed and evaluated before their acceptance into the program. As an Ambassador she can earn high school and college credit because of the many educational elements in the program.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Congrats to your daughter. Make sure she has Serge's phone number and address before she goes, so she can bring back a bunch of wood [:p]

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Congrats Greg, it is for sure a memory she will treasure for a lifetime.
My daughter did the Australia trip with People-to_People when she was thirteen also.
She got to visit the Outback and swim in the Great Barrier Reef.

The PeopletoPeople organization were fantastic.

I am sure they are providing you with a mountain of info, but a couple of links that proved invaluable in case you haven't been told yet are:

www.visabuxx.com
www.timeclock.com

And buy lots of film...!!!

GregD

Thanks for all the comments. She is on cloud 9 this morning. Anthony, my first thoughts exactly. [:D][}:)]
John, thanks for the links. I hadn't heard about them yet.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
FANTASTIC.... isn't it wonderful when one of our children get to do something really fantastic...
She does know what kind of woods to send back to Daddy, I hope... [:D]

GregD

Tom - I've already made her a list with pictures.[:D]
I hope she will take a lot of pictures. They will probally have her thumb in them though (She is a blond).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom