My best upgrade ever!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I just arrived in the Netherlands (Holland) for a job till end of January and when I got to the car rental at Schipol Airport, I was supposed to pick up a little compact......:frown:
Guy at the Avis desk tells me I'm due an upgrade and can have an Audi A6 for the same cost....cool, I'll have that..:biggrin:
Then he hands me the paperwork to pick up the car and says......'Ooops, sorry Mr Jackson, I filled in the wrong car.....are you Ok with a Mercedes-Benz E class?

Oh, ok then...I reply.:rolleyes:

I then walk the 300miles to the other side of Schipol Airport and collect the car....

Holy Smokes!!!! ..... its only a pimped out black Merc E200 AMG Sport !!!!:eek:

It gobbled up the road from Amsterdam to Rotterdam in minutes!!!:eek: Wow, what a machine!!!:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yeah, yeah Derek.....thanks for reminding me of the rules..:mad:

I'll take a pic tomorrow. It's gone midnight here and it's too damn cold to go outside and do it now...besides, the bar is about to close....:wink:

bobleibo

I'll take a pic tomorrow. It's gone midnight here and it's too damn cold to go outside and do it now...besides, the bar is about to close....:wink:

Don't worry about the pic....a few of just happened to be close by and took care of that for you. Enjoy that car.

Attachments

• mercedes.jpg
    mercedes.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 320

Jim Smith

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Hopefully when you turn it in they won't say, "We're sorry, we made an error. That car was intended for a different Mr. Jackson. You owe us $xxx.00 for the difference in the rental price." ;)

Enjoy yourself while you have it.

Jim Smith

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam

Don't worry about the pic....a few of just happened to be close by and took care of that for you. Enjoy that car.

Bob, that's exactly how it looks but please oh please oh please dont let it end up like that.....:biggrin:
it's too damn cold to go outside and do it now...

And how cold is than exactly? I think the high today here was -1F :eek: so unless it's colder than that you've got nothing to complain about:biggrin:

Ok, ok, ok we are are woosys ok....:biggrin:

On my last trip to Norway the snow was eleventy six feet deep and the locals were overtaking me like there was no tomorrow...
The UK grid locks at 0.1mm......:wink:

MichaelD

Years ago I went to one of the F1 races at the Indianapolis Raceway. Leaving we were stuck in a massive traffic jam and basically parked where I was next to a Merc S-class AMG. It's spooky how a grown man can lust after a mechanical object.

duc9nine9

If only that would happen when buying a lathe. " I'm sorry that 9x20 is not available, would you be O.K. with this slant bed CNC? And since this is our floor model, we'll cover the transport and rigging..."

workinforwood

If only that would happen when buying a lathe. " I'm sorry that 9x20 is not available, would you be O.K. with this slant bed CNC? And since this is our floor model, we'll cover the transport and rigging..."

It might have happened with the purchase of a general bench drill press that when arrived was a full 2hp floor model easily 4 times bigger....but I can't say for sure :wink:

Top Bottom