My Apiary is up & running

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
32 bee hives were delivered to our property yesterday.

The best part is that I get honey & don't have to lift a finger.

(The Ag Exemption on my property taxes is a nice bonus).

Attachments

• IMG_9365.jpg
    IMG_9365.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_9366.jpg
    IMG_9366.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 166
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

That's a serious number of hives! Makes me ponder about that to help save on our property taxes and our massive honey consumption too haha.

Some honey laced trail mix may be tasty around Christmas too!

KenV

Theft of bee hives has become a common thing in California. Has that spread to your area??

I am presuming you are "renting space" to a large bee keeper? That was common around alfalfa fields when I was a kid and kept a few hives.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Theft of bee hives has become a common thing in California. Has that spread to your area??

I am presuming you are "renting space" to a large bee keeper? That was common around alfalfa fields when I was a kid and kept a few hives.

That's right, Ken. I selected Stroope Honey Farms in Pearland, TX to partner up with. They are a large & very well run operation with about 5,000 hives in the Houston area. I'll get a case or two of honey each year for letting them place hives on our property.

Theft of bee hives is not a significant problem in this area; however, they are having some problems with vandalism of bee hives.

robutacion

I'm glad to know you don't have to handle those damn things, working with bees is a "painful" job and for those allergic to the stings, it can be deadly so, I prefer to keep my distance however, I like pure honey and I love to chew on a piece of the core, yummy...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom