Must not be living right

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I am having one of runs where everything I touch turns to crap. It started with my grey market Japanese tractor that I have had a love hate relationship with for 20 years. Parts are hard to come by and every repair requires some sort of innovation. What I thought was a routine repair has now cost me over $600 in parts. Waiting on the parts and hoping that will be the end of the problem. On top of that a seasonal maintenance chore turned into a major plumbing problem. After numerous trips for various couplings and a major reroute of pvc piping due to the original piping leaving no room for repairs and several hours of cussing and sweating I finally got that fixed. For someone who is generally considered handy I am feeling decidedly challenged. Anyone else have these runs of bad luck?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Cody,
I know what you mean.....The more you do, the behinder you get! Been there...Done that.

Maybe that tractor and you need to get a divorce......I am sure you can find anther tractor in which you can have a quality relationship!:biggrin:

I hope the rest of the weekend are better for you.....go turn something...you will feel better.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
For me more recently... It's tasks that I'd previously do in 2 hrs, now take 6 hrs, and I'm in pain for 3 days... (Neck and back). Even with being careful, being mindful of limits.. And I realize it will only get worse...:mad:

Rebuilding a raised flowerbed - 5 years ago would have been a 6 hr job - start/finish one afternoon - now a 3 day job and 6 days of pain...

But, many are worse off than I, so just keep plugging along... Tomorrow, maybe a segmented pen! :biggrin:

leehljp

Member Liaison
I live in a 80 year old house that still looks good, but repairs don't fit the DIY books. I don't use them anyway for this. Every repair is a new adventure! LOML is one who likes to do things by the book. If I have time I do it her way and then show her why it doesn't work that way. IF I don't have the time or am too tired, I make her mad and do it the way it has to be done. There is nothing ordinary about an old house. 21st century construction rules and construction material just don't fit it.

As to your Japanese tractor - "Fixing" isn't in their vocabulary - well it is (naosu), but they look down on it. They would just get a new tractor, and I am serious.

Last edited:

Cwalker935

Cody,
I know what you mean.....The more you do, the behinder you get! Been there...Done that.

Maybe that tractor and you need to get a divorce......I am sure you can find anther tractor in which you can have a quality relationship!:biggrin:

I hope the rest of the weekend are better for you.....go turn something...you will feel better.

Oddly enough, my wife said the same thing, the new tractor part not the divorce. I was beginning to think that she had been talking to your wife but she then added you would have to cut back on your spending on pen making stuff. My plans for the remainder of the weekend do not include any big projects so maybe I can just relax and slip off for a little quality lathe time.

Herb G

Brother, I've had YEARS like that. Constant bad luck, disappointments, bad health, you name it.
It's like I lived under a black cloud all the time.
But I kept chugging on, hoping & praying things will get better.

The more prayers I offer up, the better it seems to be getting.
Now, I'm not a religious nut, nor am I trying to get into a religious discussion (mostly because I do not discuss it, period.) but it does seem to work for me at least.

Top Bottom