Mug Update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a brief update on the mugs for the 2019 Bash.

I am finalizing the order with the mug company this week. We are getting a handled mug, the same size and style as the 5th anniversary mug. There will be 150 mugs, numbered. Number reservations will open at noon U.S Eastern time on Sunday December 16 and remain open until mid-Jan. I hope to begin the sale during the last week of January, pending arrival of the mugs. $35 plus actual shipping charges, same as last year. As usual, mugs #1 or #150 will be auctioned during the Bash.

Why the same as the 5th? I thought it would be nice to end the way we started. This will be the final year for mugs.

We'll have a limited number of short-sleeve pocket t-shirts this year as well.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I've only been checking in intermittently so forgive me if this has been answered but why is this the last year of the mug sales? I thought the sales helped keep the lights on around here.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I've only been checking in intermittently so forgive me if this has been answered but why is this the last year of the mug sales? I thought the sales helped keep the lights on around here.

I didn't say we wouldn't be selling anything, just not those mugs. I believe that one reason that mug sales are down is that people have had enough of them. Typically, the same people buy them year after year. Just time for a change.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
What?????? :eek: No more mugs????:eek:

That's it....I'm out of here !!!:mad:

Ok, just stirring the pot. :wink: Of course, I will be a bit disappointed once they stop but on the plus side, I'll be able to save a few pennies each year.:biggrin: I'm not really interested in any of the other regalia.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff how about trying a hat this time.

I've had a lot of trouble finding hats that are the quality I want and which sell for a reasonable price considering that we'd like to make a couple bucks on each. Definitely something I'll consider, but likely not this year.

Herb G

I'm in for another mug. I ordered one for myself last year, but my wife liked it more than me. So I gave it to her as a birthday gift.

Man, I'm smart !
:wink:

Terredax

Banned

I am finalizing the order with the mug company this week. We are getting a handled mug, the same size and style as the 5th anniversary mug. There will be 150 mugs, numbered. Number reservations will open at noon U.S Eastern time on Sunday December 18 and remain open until mid-Jan. I hope to begin the sale during the last week of January, pending arrival of the mugs. $35 plus actual shipping charges, same as last year. As usual, mugs #1 or #150 will be auctioned during the Bash.

Why the same as the 5th? I thought it would be nice to end the way we started. This will be the final year for mugs.

On that day, in 1966, Dr. Seuss' book "How The Grinch Stole Christmas", was animated for television and aired on CBS. They used the famous Boris Karloff as the narrator.

I have to admit, if I happen to see it on, I might stop for a few minutes to reminisce.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

I am finalizing the order with the mug company this week. We are getting a handled mug, the same size and style as the 5th anniversary mug. There will be 150 mugs, numbered. Number reservations will open at noon U.S Eastern time on Sunday December 18 and remain open until mid-Jan. I hope to begin the sale during the last week of January, pending arrival of the mugs. $35 plus actual shipping charges, same as last year. As usual, mugs #1 or #150 will be auctioned during the Bash.

On that day, in 1966, Dr. Seuss' book "How The Grinch Stole Christmas", was animated for television and aired on CBS. They used the famous Boris Karloff as the narrator.

I have to admit, if I happen to see it on, I might stop for a few minutes to reminisce.

Whoops.... Sunday Dec 16

stonepecker

Jeff, put me down for two mugs. One numbered and one not numbered.

I enjoy the mugs I have and will be sorry to see them disappear. Looking forward to what will be in the future.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff, put me down for two mugs. One numbered and one not numbered.

I enjoy the mugs I have and will be sorry to see them disappear. Looking forward to what will be in the future.

Hi Wayne

There will not be any unnumbered mugs. There will be 150, numbered 1/150, 2/150.... 150/150. The first and last of the series will be held for auction. One will go to the auction winner, the other into the IAP complete mug collection for auction at some future time.

I'm thinking that we should hold it to 1 mug per person until the reservation period is closed.

EDIT: There will also be one manager's "item" (be it a mug or otherwise) auctioned off as well.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused with this thread. I see where you said the ordering will start on Dec. 16 then I see some already telling you what they want. So if I place my order now do I still have to place an order on the 16th or no one can order until the 16th? Can you please clarify and if I can place my order now I'll take a mug and XL t-shirt.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a little confused with this thread. I see where you said the ordering will start on Dec. 16 then I see some already telling you what they want. So if I place my order now do I still have to place an order on the 16th or no one can order until the 16th? Can you please clarify and if I can place my order now I'll take a mug and XL t-shirt.

This is just a discussion thread. You cannot place an order now. Nothing posted in this thread constitutes an order or reservation.

Two things related to ordering will happen in the future.

1 - As mentioned above, numbered mug reservations will begin on Dec 16. A thread will be posted with clear instructions on how to reserve a number. That's not an order. All you're doing is reserving a number. If you buy a mug when ordering begins, that's the number you'll get.

2 - In late January, ordering will commence. At that time, links to our shopping cart will be posted. If you order a mug, you'll get the number you reserved. If you didn't reserve a mug, you'll get a random number. At that time, you can also order a shirt. No reservations are taken for shirts. We order a mix of sizes, and when they're gone, that's it.

A couple more points:

A - Links to reservations and ordering will be clearly posted on the front page of the site.

B - Reservations don't constitute an order. Anyone who doesn't order their reserved mug within 2 weeks of the opening of the store loses their reservation.

Dehn0045

Whoops.... Sunday Dec 16

On this day in history, American colonists, frustrated and angry at Britain for imposing "taxation without representation," dumped 342 chests of British tea into the harbor.

It just so happens it was a Thursday back in 1773. And two days prior to December 18th...:biggrin:

History lessons and kidding aside, I'm in for a mug, maybe I'll drink some tea.

Scott

Well, I am thrilled that this year's mug is going to be the same style as the 5th mug, as that is my very favorite one. I would also get two if available. I am sort of bummed that these will be the last mugs. I have every one so far. But I understand, maybe more than most. Thanks for all you do, Jeff!

Scott.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK, so someone show the new folks a photo of the 5th anniversary mug.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f110/mug-details-pictures-42280/

The current photo from the mug company shows a slight difference.
CM1_G12_Sisu-1.jpg

Last edited:

Terredax

Banned
So will they be solid color, or the two-tone shown here?

I like the two-tone. That is nice. :)

darrin1200

I can't wait for the reservations to open. I am very disappointed that this is the end of the mugs. Each year I order a mug, then I use that mug for my coffee every day until the next bash mug arrives. It then gets placed with the rest of the collection on my mug shelf.

I have a mug from each year I've been a member, except #7 and #8. I keep watching for someone to put theirs up for sale, but dang it, no one wants to give them up. A couple have come up for auction, but quickly leave my price range.

I hope that the idea of stopping the mugs gets reconsidered. If 150 are made every year, how many aren't sold. Maybe drop the number ordered by a few. I would likely pay $5 or $10 more for my mug.

Well, the 16th has been added to my calendar.

Terredax

Banned
Yes... I like that.
I actually saw one with that color combination (I think it was called autumn fire) in an add.

Herb G

Hey Jeff, I want to say Thank You for doing this.
I meant to say it earlier, but my memory ain't what it used to be my friend.

So, Thank You Jeff.

Top Bottom