Is mredburn OK????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Super Dave

Power and Internet outrages are common. I am running my office from my house . We have power and Internet but farther south it is worse. Communication is a big problem.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I'm ok. No power and probably won't for another week or two. No internet either. I'm running on a generator but it's limited. I am also helping my parents get through this. They also have no power. I have city water but they are on a well. I am transporting water and gas
Gas is easier to get today but Tuesday it was hard to find and rationed. Neither my parents house or mine was damaged. The pool screens on my house were ripped off but that was about it. Lots of tree debris for me to clean up. Mostly small stuff. There is a curfew in effect.
I will check in when I can but it may be sporadic.
Mike

stonepecker

I can understand the problems and see the trouble on TV. Just asking if things are better for Mike and the rest of our Fl members?

Anyone 'hear' something new?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Thank You all for checking up[ on me. We finally had power restored last night around 6pm, the internet has stabilized, it was on again, off again. Where I live was the NE side of the storm as it came through. They think a Tornado took out the power lines near me, besides pushing the wooden poles over and snapping a couple there was at least one concrete pole that was shattered, it was broken in half. Other than trees that have taken out individual home feeds most of my town now has power. My area was one of the last big areas to come back on line. My parents and daughter had power 2-3 days before I did. THey do live in a different part of the county. All in all we were lucky. Bonita Springs, south of me about 30 miles is really tore up from flooding. We were fortunate that the back side of the storm broke up just before it went over us, after the front of the eye of the storm passed us it just quit. Taking today to get things restored to normal, putting away the extension chords, putting stuff back where it belongs. Then I can get back to making parts. I had moved into this house back in August and had just got the garage rewired for the shop machines the week before the Hurricane hit. I am in the process of getting permits to build a 24 x 40 shop out back, it was supposed to take a couple of months but it may not get done that quickly. Permitting for repairs for the hurricane damage will be pushed to the forefront.

Top Bottom