MPG Shout Outs!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Several Groups of folks deserve special recognition, so I'll start.

A HUGE, HUGE Thank you to the awesome demonstrators (In order on the program):

Mark Dreyer (mg_dreyer)
Glenn McCullough (Glenn McCullough)
Jim Swank (Arkie)
Bob Jackson (BobJackson)
Tom Bell (m4skinner)
Ed Brown (ed4copies)
Jim Pratt (Badfrog)
John Underhill (JohnU)
Barry Gross (2bgross)
Fred Wissen (PTownSubbie)
Dave Bell (Bellsy)

Your willingness to share made my chores much easier!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
And to everyone who donated for the door prizes, contest prizes and swag bags:

(Mike and Bob - add a post for those who came in late, or I missed).

Arizona Carbide
Arizona Silhouette
Bear Tooth Woods
Bell Forest Products
Berea Hardwoods
Blanks By Brooks
Custom Cast Blanks
Chipotle - Wadsworth
Fantastic Feathers
Fred Wissen Designs
George's Bits of Timber
Highland Woodworking
Hobble Creek Craftsman
Kallenshaan Woods
Keim Lumber
Ken Wines
Koa Wood Hawaii
Little Machine Shop
Packard Woodworks
SS Niles Bottle Stoppers
Tools for Woodworking
Wood-N-Whimsies
Tim's Tool Crib
T Shadow & Co
Robust Tools
Rikon Power Tools
StickerMeTimbers.com
Stoller Composites
Silver Pen Parts
R & B Crafts
Rockbs Western Woods
Lee Valley Tools
Maneater Blanks
Pen World Magazine
Micro-Surface Finishing Products
Richard L. Greenwald LLC
Ron's Paua Abalone Shell Blanks
AAW
Custom Made Penturning Tools/Accessories

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
And to the most important group, the folks who can for the event!

Attachments

• IMG_3584.jpg
    IMG_3584.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 173

tb54

I also would like to add my appreciation to all the individuals and companies who worked to put on a great event. I learned a lot and found out that there is so much more to learn. It was my first time attending but wont be my last!
Per Mark's request, I am writing this at work.

JohnU

This was my first Ohio MPG and well worth the road trip! Mark, I want to personally thank you and your Ohio Chapter for a great weekend. All of the hard work and effort you and the others put forth in planning and executing the show really paid off. I enjoyed all of the demos and l came home with some great ideas and door prizes. The best part of the show for me was just being able to talk and visit with so many people I've met through the IAP. I've made some great friends and look forward to visiting again.

My wife and son came along for the ride and spent the day around town and at the motel swimming pool and the game room. We even got to make some snowballs before leaving. (lol) Thanks for the Great Weekend!

I also posted this from work. :)

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This was my first Ohio MPG and well worth the road trip! Mark, I want to personally thank you and your Ohio Chapter for a great weekend.

We even got to make some snowballs before leaving. (lol)

Thanks for the Great Weekend!

Whoa :eek:!!! I am a simple minion - Not MY Chapter; it's the Chapter that lets me sit in the back and mumble (I know how you meant it!). The real credit is deserved by Bob Jackson, Jeff and Glenn McCullough for getting the Ohio Chapter started back in 2012 at a Woodcraft store.

Snowballs: Let's see you cast that John!

Racer3770

This was my first Ohio MPG and well worth the road trip! Mark, I want to personally thank you and your Ohio Chapter for a great weekend. All of the hard work and effort you and the others put forth in planning and executing the show really paid off. I enjoyed all of the demos and l came home with some great ideas and door prizes. The best part of the show for me was just being able to talk and visit with so many people I've met through the IAP. I've made some great friends and look forward to visiting again.

My wife and son came along for the ride and spent the day around town and at the motel swimming pool and the game room. We even got to make some snowballs before leaving. (lol) Thanks for the Great Weekend!

I also posted this from work. :)

John,
I really enjoyed your demonstration on alternatives to casting. It gave me a lot of fresh ideas! I brought a friend and she compared it to "scrapbooking, but on a pen" lol!

(posted from work :cool: )

Bellsy

Thanks to all of those who attended and made the 2017 MPG a huge success. It was a pleasure to meet the faces I knew from one of the previous MPG's back in Champaign. In addition this MPG allowed me to expand that fellowship by meeting new faces in the crowd.

The hard work and effort put forth by the organizers was exceptional......if not for your hard work this event would not have turned out to be as successful as it was.

The vendors, fellow demonstrators and the contributions from all of the sponsors was above and beyond the call of duty. Everything came together as is should have and it was a pleasure to be a part of it all.

One last note to mention were the accommodations and services that we received through the Comfort Inn staff..... pleasant, respectful and courteous. Thank you.

For those that remained until the bitter end...as promised, I am attaching a photo of the pen with the brass/resin inlay that was discussed in relation to the introduction of a mosaic inlay for reference. I have also included the lay out of the blank.

Once again, Thanks to everyone who made this a great event.

Bellsy

Attachments

• virage1.jpg
    virage1.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 151
  • virage2.jpg
    virage2.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2271a.jpg
    IMG_2271a.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 120

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Were the demos recorded to be available as a video to watch?
The one Glenn did is of interest to me and I was not there on Friday.

G'Day Dale:

No, that is something we will be working on. If we got the first year 85%, and this year up to 95%, we have just a few issues to tweak, and that is one of them. We are discussing the video/audio aspect.

Be well!

Great time indeed!!! I have been to many of the scrollsaw events of this type, and I must say, this gathering was by far the best prepared, and organized of any of them!! Thank you all for a great time! One prize my wife won was a gift certificate for Woodturningz , I didn't see them on your list.

Edit: Mark, is everything set for the MPG 2018, I'm ready to attend it!!!

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Great time indeed!!! I have been to many of the scrollsaw events of this type, and I must say, this gathering was by far the best prepared, and organized of any of them!! Thank you all for a great time! One prize my wife won was a gift certificate for Woodturningz , I didn't see them on your list.

Edit: Mark, is everything set for the MPG 2018, I'm ready to attend it!!!

LOL: Well, NO!

We are going through the "constructive criticism" phase right now. We are trading suggestions, pros, cons, thoughts, etc. to hopefully make 2018 better. We are actually pleased with how 2017 MPG went, but there are a few areas to be tweaked.

If 2016 was 85% cool; and 2017 was 90% cool, then we are going in the right direction.

AND, we are very open to suggestions! (PM's are fine).

Thank you for your vote of confidence! This is why we are putting in the effort!

But, 2018 should be GRrrrrrEeeeeAT! (As "Tony The Tiger" used to say).

stuckinohio

Thanks to all of those who attended and made the 2017 MPG a huge success. It was a pleasure to meet the faces I knew from one of the previous MPG's back in Champaign. In addition this MPG allowed me to expand that fellowship by meeting new faces in the crowd.

The hard work and effort put forth by the organizers was exceptional......if not for your hard work this event would not have turned out to be as successful as it was.

The vendors, fellow demonstrators and the contributions from all of the sponsors was above and beyond the call of duty. Everything came together as is should have and it was a pleasure to be a part of it all.

One last note to mention were the accommodations and services that we received through the Comfort Inn staff..... pleasant, respectful and courteous. Thank you.

For those that remained until the bitter end...as promised, I am attaching a photo of the pen with the brass/resin inlay that was discussed in relation to the introduction of a mosaic inlay for reference. I have also included the lay out of the blank.

Once again, Thanks to everyone who made this a great event.

Bellsy

Bellsy, thanks for posting the pictures! I enjoyed our talk after breakfast. I'll be sure to show the wife.

Lewis

robutacion

Reading these threads makes me realise that everybody seemed to have had a great time last weekend and it pleases me that everybody left with a smile on their faces...!:biggrin:

The one thing that did surprise me considerably, where the number of people part of the door prizes, contest prizes and swag bags, wow, that was indeed a very long list and is nice to see so many folks willing the help out with "goodies", well done...!:wink:

As for you Mark and many others, I thank you for all your efforts...!:)

Cheers
George

chartle

Perfect timing on your post.

Wondering why you don't use the straight sided plug cutters versus the tapered ones. I'm thinking maybe you don't get as tight a fit as one you custom size.

Top Bottom