Moving to the Philippines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

termitepenman

I am moving to the Philippines on October 9th. I was wondering if anybody else in the IAP resides there. I have had a great time reading and posting on this website and hope to continue doing so.

If there is anybody else out there from the Philippine Islands please let me know.

Dennis
Sacramento

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have friends that have been to the Philippines for religious missions. I have heard good and bad stories. Does this move have anything to do with that beautiful lady in the picture with you?

diamundgem

I was there for esaw years way back in 1950, Times were different then. I can still count to 10 and a little mor. I may not have spelled that right . Can't spell english to good either

Rob73

I have a friend that moved there about three years ago. From the stories he tells me all I can say is beware the female scam artists & their families. Like any poor country the women look for guys overseas to come support them and their families. Not only the families but just people in the neighborhood continually hound him for 'loans' which never get paid back.

Some areas there can also be dangerous for westerners. Depending on your specific area the 'law enforcement' (and I use that term loosely) is just as violent as the criminals. Bribery runs rampant.

I don't recall what exact part he was in but he does on occasion try and talk me into going there. The problem is the stories he tells me of living conditions, general services and so forth tell me to keep my but in the States.

He is having a home built now. The good news along those lines is labor is extremely cheap. He's paying around 12 grand for a three bedroom. It would not meet up to code in the U.S. but it's livable. Money coming in from the U.S. will definitely go lot farther there than here that's for sure.

BKelley

I was in the P.I. in 1961, I was a tech-rep working with the Air Force at Clark AB. I had a wonderful time there. I got along great with the people there. Would have liked to have stayed longer than the year that I was there. Don't know what it is like now. Best of luck.

Ben

termitepenman

I finally retired and my wife (the little lady in the picture) asked me if I would like to take it easy and just concentrate on the "if only I had time" things I've been talking about for the last 11 years. I said yes and now we are packing. I have made friends with a few expats there over the years and hope things will go well.

Dennis
Sacramento, CA

Top Bottom