More tinkering

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I'm just sitting here...

not even considering going
out in the cold. I'm realizing I
hate the cold more with each passing year.

So, since there isn't much to do inside, I spent
a few minutes reconfiguring the image I posted
yesterday for the drill bit holder. I'll be at my brothers
shop this week, so I might just cut one of these to see
how it comes out. This would be a use for some of the
smaller pieces he has laying around.
I don't have a use for these, since we have indexers
for all of our drill bits. We have a set at each station that
they get used, rather than going back and forth for drill
bits.

I used red for the sizes because it is a little easier to see for these old eyes, over black or white.

MKTk8Tm.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

what do you think the actuall cost of these would be.

(Thinking prize box stuffers for the kids)
multi buy price?

How big would these be overall?

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
For a minute I thought I was going mad, but then realised that your pic is hosted off site and so I can't see it on my work laptop. I did see it on my Kindle earlier in the restaurant though..

I think you may be better off having several more commonly used drill options by not duplicating the same sizes as you have done
I would just have all the holes in order of size and label each one with the size options. For instance...first hole labelled 7mm/J, next hole would be 8mm/0 etc etc
In your Reference you list 8 matches, but you could therefore have 8 (edit; sorry, should be 4 ) more different sized holes instead of duplicating them. Maybe you could leave a space for someone to add a new sized hole they use often?:wink:

I really like your idea though. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Terredax

Banned
what do you think the actuall cost of these would be.

(Thinking prize box stuffers for the kids)
multi buy price?

How big would these be overall?

I hadn't considered selling them, since there was another member wanting to do so. I don't want to step on any toes.

If I were to sell them, I would need a quantity desired to get a better cost estimate. I would want to cut one to verify the final product also, and I wouldn't be able to guarantee any specific color. I would have to use whatever cut-offs are available, since I would use Corian.

I used the mentioned size of 4.5 x 8, but it could be a little larger if necessary. The cost takes dimension into consideration, so larger makes the cost higher.

Terredax

Banned
I looked without success. Is there a list of all the drill bits that are used for pens?

OK, I think I found a cross reference. I will post a pic of a re-tinkered version when I finish it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom